Q und Q+ Phoenix Edition
The Waldorf Q Series used to be the standard for virtual modeled analog synthesizers.
Boasting no less than 58 endless rotaries for vital synthesis parameters, this front panel lends the term “generously appointed” new meaning.
Q Series synths leverage a remarkably flexible voicing section with up to five oscillators and two multimode filters per voice to deliver that peerless Waldorf sound.
The Q Plus even offers 16 real analog filters. Sumo-sized strings, ethereal pads, blistering lead sounds, bone-rattling bottom end, bizarre experimental soundscapes, coruscating arpeggio clusters – anything goes with the Q, and in up to 100 voices.
There are up to 100 voices offering up to 5 oscillators including wavetable generators, 3 LFOs, 4 envelopes and 2 filters with a sophisticated routing method and all filter types that you expect from a Waldorf synthesizer. Furthermore, the Q offers unique Comb filter types in two flavours. This enables the Q not only to create polyphonic Chorus or Flanger effects but previously unheard athmos or pluck sounds with great life.
On the Q Plus, up to 16 voices can be routed through the analog low pass filters. If wanted, two analog filters can be used simultaneously per voice, resulting in a maximum filter slope of 48 dB.
To top things off, the Waldorf Q has a very powerful arpeggiator and an even more powerful step sequencer. With 58 endless rotaries, the Waldorf Q easily doubles the number of controls of other synths.
• up to 100 voices on Q+ (up to 32 voices on Q)
• 16 part multi timbral
• 300 single programs
• 100 multi programs
• 100 step sequencer patterns
• 20 drum maps
• 58 endless dials
• 39 buttons for editing
• 2 x 20 character display
• 5 octave keyboard
• 1 Pitch Bend Wheel,1 Modulation Wheel
• 2 Control Buttons
• 6 analog outputs (3 stereo outs)
• 2 analog inputs (1 stereo in)
• 1 coax S/PDIF output (44.1kHz)
• MIDI In/Out/Thru
• 2 Switch Inputs (e.g. Sustain Pedal, Gate In etc.)
• 2 CV Inputs (e.g. Foot Pedal, external controller etc.)
• built-in universal voltage power supply
• Dimensions: Width 995mm, Height 135mm, Depth 360mm
• Phoenix Edition color scheme
• up to 5 Oscillators per voice
– Pulse with Pulse Width Modulation
– 2 wavetables with 128 waves each plus Sub Oscillator per Alt Wave
• FM, Oscillator sync
• Noise generator
• Ring Modulator
• Mixer with Balance, each signal source (oscillator, noise, ringmod, external audio material) can be balanced individually between filter 1 and filter 2
• 2 independent multimode filters with different types including a fat comb filter and legendary PPG filter
• 16 analog filters with resonance and analog distortion (Q Plus only)
• Modulation Matrix with 16 slots, freely routable
• Pre-routed Modulation destinations, sources selectable
• modulation update frequency in audio range to allow the oscillators to be used as modulation sources
• 4 Modifiers
• Arpeggiator with user pattern, including accents, timing information, swing, glide, chords and more
• Step Sequencer with 32 steps, polyphonic, different controller values per step
• 3 LFOs up to audio range (> 2500 Hz)
• 4 envelopes, enhanced ADSR configuration with loop and one shot function, bipolar
• Poly, Mono, Dual, Unisono modes
• HMT for realtime tuning
• 2 individual high-quality effects per sound
• Effect Types:
– 2 x Surround Delay
– Tap Delay
– 5 FX
– Vocoder with 25 bands
• and lots lots more…