Panning issue on vocoder with STVC: Does all STVCs have this issue?

More
1 week 1 day ago #1 by Asblom
Hi,

it seems like several STVCs (including mine...) have issues that the master volume control also steers the panning when the vocoder is enabled. Does any STVC owner doesn't have this issue or is it a general bug?

Kind regards,
f

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 22 hours ago #2 by Qwave
I actually never used the Vocoder here. I was not buying the STVC for the vocoder. And just because it is there, I won't change my mind about including a vocoder in my music.

But I love vocoders in other than my music of cause. Like this famous Band from Düsseldorf/Krefeld.

More
5 days 15 hours ago #3 by Dr.Noize
Well the vocoder freeze function is a secret gem of the STVC. Use it otherwise on the line-input to freeze (sample) external sounds. It's really cool to play with the start and end points while turning the registration knob to reveal interesting sounds. It's really next level ;)

Also temporary solution of the panning issue is to fully open the master volume. But still while play and then activating the vocoder the volume is dropping a bit. I hope Waldorf will fix this isseu one day...

More
5 days 8 hours ago #4 by Asblom
Found a temporary (but boring) work around. Running the STVC not panning out L and R in the mixer (running in mono) makes the volume of the vocoder act as expected. The consequence: no stereo effects. But it might be a workaround for some people until the bug is fixed by Waldorf.

Kind regards,
f