Vocoder has lower volume in the right speaker

More
1 year 8 months ago #7 by Wölfl
Hey Asblom, thanks for replying here... If no one's keeping the thread alive or reporting the same issue, then it kinda loses priority (speaking from experience with support in general, not just Waldorf)...

I just received a reply from Waldorf support, and have been told they are indeed aware of this issue and are working on a fix.
I also received (a yet unpublished) FW v1.28, and successfully flashed my STVC with it, but this one still did not fix the vocoder volume issue.

However, something interesting happened after flashing - vocoder volume misbehaviour got temporarily reversed - Right channel was louder than Left - but only until I turned the STVC off and back on again. Then it returned to its previous misbehaviour, Left louder than Right.

After this happened, I'm pretty sure it's a FW bug and not a HW fault, and as such should hopefully be fixed sooner than later, especially if this issue is present on many (or even all) STVCs... I'm just sorry to see some poeple like you had been waiting for more than half a year to get this fixed, that's really not commendable, indeed...

I have to say that Vocoder output volume otherwise even at max is not that loud compared to string/synth section, so I find I actually have to have it at max all the time when connected to other equipment, so if anyone from Waldorf is reading this, I'd suggest while fixing this volume/panning issue maybe it would be a good idea to also make the vocoder section a bit louder, so it's comaprable to string/synth section...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #8 by Dr.Noize
Could it be because Stefan Stenzel no longer works for Waldorf. So no further development regarding the OS bugs of the STVC?

More
1 year 8 months ago #9 by Wölfl
Whaaa...? Stefan Stenzel no longer works for Waldorf? WTF...

More
1 year 8 months ago #10 by Wölfl
"Waldorf CEO Stefan Stenzel" as it states right here - waldorfmusic.com/en/345

???

More
1 year 8 months ago #11 by Asblom
Interesting. Emailed Waldorf yesterday again to see if they reply.

My own gut feeling is that this is software. I think what happens is that the volume knob when the vocoder is enabled steers _both_ the master volume and the left (or right) volume. I.e. at max master = 100% and left = 100%, at noon master = 50% and left = 50% and so forth.

I got this from Lukas at Waldorf in September: "I can confirm that I was now able to reproduce this error on my STVC here. It's quite likely a software issue since the master volume knob is read out digitally, the audio signal is not passed through this one. I will inform the developers immediately. This issue should be solved in a firmware update in near future. Sorry for the inconveniences”

This was six months ago and no new firmware has been published since. I really hope this can be fixed soon and that we’ll get an update from Waldorf.

More
1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 8 months ago #12 by Wölfl
Should we write Stefan Stenzel directly maybe? This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - same domain where I got the 1.28 update yesterday -  www.ioptigan.com/stvcupgrade.html  
Seems to be some new project of his, Optigan app for iOS...

Last edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Wölfl.