Vocoder has lower volume in the right speaker

More
2 years 1 week ago #1 by b_otho
Whenever I enable the vocoder the volume drops significantly in the right speaker. Anyone who has the same experience?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #2 by Lukas.S
Hello, please create a ticket using the inquiry form here.
Please attach a sound file where you record the STVC nomally and then switch over to the Vocoder mode. We would like to look into this.

More
1 year 11 months ago #3 by Dr.Noize
The same experience with mine STVC. It's also related with the master volume knob. Fully open perfect stereo and if you turn down the volume knob the stereo image moves to the left channel.

I made a ticket about this last year and got a replay to make a video about it. I did sent the video and never got any answer about this issue.

More
1 year 10 months ago #4 by Asblom
Same issue here - any update on the issue?

More
1 year 3 months ago #5 by Wölfl
So, this seems to be a known issue.

Just got my STVC today, same problem - volume pot in Vocoder mode does not equally attenuate the output level on left and right channels.
When volume is at maximum, both channels seem to be equally loud, but at any lower level, L is louder than R.
Tried with AKG K712 headphones plugged directly into STVC and with STVC connected to my Focusrite audio interface - same thing.

Any news on this? Is it a firmware or hardware issue, i.e. should I wait for a new FW release or return my unit for a replacement?

More
1 year 3 months ago #6 by Asblom
Hi,

Waldorf has replicated the bug but haven't provided any new firmware for the STVC since then... I am not sure if any STVC actually has a working stereo vocoder.