Pulse 2 and Yamaha Tyros 5

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #1 by Jaap
Does someone know if the Pulse can control another instrument? I connected the Pulse to the Tyros especcially to use the arpeggiator for the Tyros. Tyros Midi Out to Pulse Midi In, and Pulse Midi Out to Tyros Midi in. After making the right settings, I play the sounds of the Tyros (not the Pulse) and the arpeggiator from the Pulse immediately triggers the sounds of the Tyros. This is what I wanted and I'm happy that this works ok. Now I would like that when I turn for example the knobs on the Pulse's cutoff or other parameters, that they also control the Tyros, like the arpeggiator does. Does someone know if this is possible and if I have to make specific settings on the Pulse? Bye, Jaap.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Jaap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #2 by Qwave
Replied by Qwave on topic Pulse 2 and Yamaha Tyros 5
You could use the Pulse2 sended MIDI CC data on your Tyros.
But the nuber of the Pulse2 cutoff MIDI CC won't match the one in your Tyros. This is due to synths using different parameters. There are synths with one filter, several filters or even without. And there are only less than 120 free MIDI CC numbers available. So there is no standard. If your Tyros should be able to patch MIDI CC data to parameters, it will work. otherwise not. This is by people can't use their synth with knobs as controller for all other synths they got in their racks or as virtual synth on their computers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaap

More
6 years 1 month ago #3 by Jaap
Replied by Jaap on topic Pulse 2 and Yamaha Tyros 5
Thanks for your answer, much appreciated. I understand now why I cannot use the Pulse 2 as a controller for the Tyros. Some years ago I had an older Tyros and a Yamaha MO and apperently they 'spoke the same language' because the MO could control the, for example, filters of the Tyros. But the arpeggiator of the Pulse 2 can control the Tyros 5 and tempo's can be synchronized with the auto accompagniment of the Tyros and that is great fun. And the main purpose of buying the Pulse, it's arpeggiator is fantastic and has many possibilities to edit. Bye, Jaap.