Deleting Sample Based Patches

More
3 months 3 weeks ago - 3 months 3 weeks ago #1 by WytchCrypt
Hi all,

new owner here.  Is there an easy way to identify and then delete the patches on my 2.0 OS Quantum which include samples?  I'd like to clear as much memory as possible for my own sample/waves.

Thanks!
Last edit: 3 months 3 weeks ago by WytchCrypt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qwave
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • longtime Waldorf enthusiast
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #2 by Qwave
Replied by Qwave on topic Deleting Sample Based Patches
Just watch the colour of the oscillator section LEDS to see the sample or granuar (uses samples too) type oszillators of a patch.
But you don't see it in the name or else where in a kind of list. You have to check each sound individually.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3 by WytchCrypt
Thanks Qwave, I've asked around multiple places and individually checking each voice has been the consistent answer.

More
2 months 1 week ago #4 by mattfwalters
You should also be aware that deleting a patch that uses samples doesn't also delete the samples. You'll need to do that separately, without being able to easily tell whether or not they're still in use.

More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #5 by resyn
Replied by resyn on topic Deleting Sample Based Patches
Feature request germane to this thread
Maybe we could ask Waldorf to produce a document with two lists: one showing - for each patch/preset - which samples are used, and one for each sample, showing which patches use that sample. Better even would be if Waldorf adds this as an "app" inside the next major firmware: 3.0, coming soon we all hope! That way we can produce the same document (in some form) from inside the instrument, correctly reflecting which patches and samples our instrument holds...
Last edit: 2 months 1 week ago by resyn. Reason: slight addition

More
1 month 2 weeks ago - 1 month 2 weeks ago #6 by PatrickThijssen
I had a look at the qpat (patch) files and created a vba macro to extract the sample files names from them. Here's the Excel, a CSV file (the output of the macro) and a 2 page (5 meter x 2,5 meter) pdf. Also added the Excel file with the macro. It's not a fully developed user friendly tool but will do the job.Regards, Patrick 

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

File Attachment:

File Name: ExportIridium.zip
File Size:203 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by PatrickThijssen. Reason: Update file