More Microwave 1 Goodies

More
6 days 10 hours ago - 6 days 10 hours ago #7 by sigalarm
After being cold, without internet access and more in the frozen artic wastelands of Texas this past week, it seems only natural that I would try my hand and reproducing the cold, brittle textures of the PPG Wave with my Quantum.  Attached are a selection of PPG Wave 2.3 factory patchs for you to try on your Quantum, along with a bonus. Some fellow on another board asked if I could try my hand at the PPG Wave Choir sound from Depeche Mode's "See You". I think the Quantum got fairly close, but try it out yourself and see what you think.

I think next I will go back to transating more Microwave 1 patches for a while next.

Bruce

File Attachment:

File Name: QuantumPPG...ons2.zip
File Size:581 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 days 10 hours ago by sigalarm.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 days 12 hours ago #8 by sigalarm
Hopefully no one is getting annoyed with me bombing this thread with patches. Here are 5 from the Microwave 1 factory bank. Folks who got to play a Microwave 1 will probably remember "Clinics". I have about another 12 or so teed up for re-creation, but taking a break for breakfast.

Bruce

Patches today

01720-Atmosphere 2 MW1 Factory.qpat
01721-Clinics MW1 Factory.qpat
01722-Moog Bass 02 MW1 Factory.qpat
01723-White Shadow MW1 Factory.qpat
01724-Mode 1 MW1 Factory.qpat

File Attachment:

File Name: QuantumMic...ypt1.zip
File Size:111 KB

Attachments:

More
3 days 23 hours ago #9 by sigalarm
Replied by sigalarm on topic More Microwave 1 Goodies
I seem to be on a bit of a streak now, and its time to share more patches converted from the Microwave 1 factory set. The software does most of the conversion math, so it's dailing up the patches and tweaking until they sound more or less correct. I was in a wave scanning mood, so the patch conversion set reflects that. Sadly the Quantum does no have the Microwave's wave envelope, so some of the scans are approximated only, or carried out with smoke and mirrors.

Bruce

Today's Patch List

01725-Scanalogical - MW1 Factory.qpat
01726-Let It Grow - WM1 Factory.qpat
01727-Phased Area - MW1 Factory.qpat
01729-JX Strings - MW1 Factory.qpat
01730-Leones Wet Dream - MW1 Factory.qpat
01731-Digjalet - MW1 Factory.qpat

File Attachment:

File Name: QuantumMic...ypt2.zip
File Size:190 KB
Attachments: