Feature request - Midi CC control of Osc on/off

More
1 month 4 days ago #7 by paulinwales
Another thought is to simply have a matrix row that sends -100% to the osc mix level to offset the positive modulation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 4 days ago #8 by kerneweger
I have already tried that too, for some reason it doesn't actually work in all cases, unfortunately.

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #9 by paulinwales
You'd need to have enough negative to counter the max positive - so if you have the potential to send +200% from your desired modulation, you'd need 2 x -100% negative rows (or you could repeat the same -100% as a controller which doubles it up)
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by paulinwales.

More
1 month 4 days ago #10 by kerneweger
Patches that use the Filter in series but have one or more routed just through the final filter in series, and with all oscillators using LFO to modulate mix level will have this problem often.
When you want to mute one of those oscillators and cannot turn filter levels down because that would mute say, osc 1 as well or if you are using perhaps one or more LFO or the Komplex mod on multiple oscillators routed differently you can run into this snag.

More
1 month 4 days ago #11 by kerneweger
You'd need to have enough negative to counter the max positive - so if you have the potential to send +200% from your desired modulation, you'd need 2 x -100% negative rows (or you could repeat the same -100% as a controller which doubles it up)

Really, OK i hadn't realised that was possible, going to try it now. Thanks in advance if it works.

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #12 by paulinwales
I used "constant" as the source for my tests, but the cc sources should work if you send 127 in on them.
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by paulinwales.