Wavesequencing possible?

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #1 by Razmo
With all the fuzz recently around the Wavestate, I cannot stop thinking if maybe a wavesequencing engine could be made for the Quantum. It already have the sample capabilities so why not? ... it would put one very useful engine more under the hood for sure.

You may ask, why not just buy a Wavestate...well there are more reasons for this. First off, I always thought that the most logical update to the Wavestation would have been usersamples... Secondly, that diminutive screen for so deep an engine would be better suited to a large touch display like the Quantum has.

In my point of view, if hardware/software possible, such an engine is perfect for the Quantum, and would make it even more attractive.

Just my two cents :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #2 by SynthSon
Replied by SynthSon on topic Wavesequencing possible?
Hi, yes you can do some limited wavesequencing with Quantum. You can use the various mod sources on the WT "table" mod destination. I made several patches with this technique. Here's a demo:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #3 by RhythMusikus
I was attracted to the Korg Wavestate, too. I find this device far too tedious to program through such a small screen with such a deep and complex menu structure.

If some of the Wavestate's principal features could be added to the Quantum, this would be great.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #4 by SynthSon
Replied by SynthSon on topic Wavesequencing possible?
I think giving Quantum some Wavestate-like wave-sequencing functions should be possible. It would be a software modification and some UI changes. It is fun and somewhat useful to apply mods to the WT Table destination parameter, but you can't really get a lot of control over it. I could foresee an interface option that allows programmers to select certain sets of wavetables to sequences, define the order, and apply the same list of mod sources to this new destination option.

I haven't checked the feature request list in a long time, but maybe someone has already asked.