Stereo Supersaw?

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #1 by moogieboogieman
Hello, I know the Quantum is very much capable of more than just a supersaw... but I was wondering if you could make a supersaw and have it be panned spread left and right? Like with the count option, could you have a supersaw of a total of 8 saws and pan 4 hard left and 4 hard right?

I have looked in the manual, but could only find this:

"The Waveform oscillator also can generate up to eight oscillator signals (called Kernel) simultaneously. Here, you can produce super-saw like waves, for example."

"Count: The waveform oscillator can generate up to eight oscillator signals simultaneously. This is determined by the Count knob. Up to eight kernels (equivalent to oscillators) are possible. Values in between two integer values mean that an additional oscillator is mixed in at a reduced level. r Use Count to generate super-saw like waves, for example."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #2 by monomorte
Replied by monomorte on topic Stereo Supersaw?
far as i know, you can pan osc 1 left and osc2 right, bypass the analog filter and then you have stereo saws, detune to taste, as for individual panning of kernels, i dont think thats possible... yet?!

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #3 by Lukas.S
Replied by Lukas.S on topic Stereo Supersaw?
Go to the Mod Matrix and make a slot with Voice Number->Pan +100% and use Constant -50% as a Control Amount in the same slot.
This will put Voice number 1-4 to the left and 5-8 to the right.You can leave the analog filter section on then.

You can also use this modulation only on Osc1 and put the same modulation inverted on Osc2 to get the stereo image even wider.

Panning the individual kernels from one osc is not possible.

Before you post: Have you checked our FAQ and Support section yet?
Contact us there if you have any issues or bugs to report.

"I've seen things... So many things that you can't believe. Past designs, future designs, cables in the bend."

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #4 by moogieboogieman
Replied by moogieboogieman on topic Stereo Supersaw?
Can you do this and still have polyphony? The quantum has stereo filters, correct? I was wondering if the "supersaw' would be panned out automatically since the filters are stereo.. or bypass the filters and become stereo.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #5 by moogieboogieman
Replied by moogieboogieman on topic Stereo Supersaw?
Are the filters stereo or no? I was wondering if the "supersaw' would be panned out automatically since the filters are stereo.. or bypass the filters and become stereo.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #6 by Lukas.S
Replied by Lukas.S on topic Stereo Supersaw?
This modulation will not cut voices. It will just pan some voices to the left and some to the right.

The analog filters are mono, but the signal will be widened to stereo after it went through the filters. See the manual for the description of the filter's Stereo Mode which is set to Medium by default. The digital filter section is all stereo though.

Before you post: Have you checked our FAQ and Support section yet?
Contact us there if you have any issues or bugs to report.

"I've seen things... So many things that you can't believe. Past designs, future designs, cables in the bend."