Feature Requests....

More
6 months 3 weeks ago - 6 months 3 weeks ago #67 by synthesizeme
Replied by synthesizeme on topic Feature Requests....
ok I'm a fairly new quantum owner but a couple things I would like to see:

FM Between oscillators - so i can FM my wavetable with a granular sound etc...

duplicating the digital former in the effects section - it would be really nice to be able to stack a filter after the reverb etc, also to do things like dual combs

a frequency shifter effect

a pitch shifter effect

a ring modulator in the effects section

additive harmonic shaping and/or waveform drawing (like a casio FZ, emu spectrum synthesis) the touch screen is perfect for this!

the special filters from the XT - sinXlp, waveshaper, filter FM

the ability to stack multiples of the same effect type

that's all I can think of for now
Last edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by synthesizeme.
The following user(s) said Thank You: vvilms

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 months 2 weeks ago #68 by SynthSon
Replied by SynthSon on topic Feature Requests....
With FM kernels in 2.0, it would be great to have a sideband filter as an option in Digital Former.

More
6 months 1 week ago #69 by corkyburger
Replied by corkyburger on topic Feature Requests....
Loving the Quantum so far. A beautiful self contained sound design and exploration machine.

My main request would be

1. a better organised sample management system. Currently every time I import a sample, it puts the new sample in its own folder. And it does this every time I import a sample.

2. Some kind of external drive access for samples. So rather than use the internal memory for all storage. All samples are stored on an external drive and then loaded per patch.

The latter is important as I have already filled the internal memory and only made 100 patches. And that includes deleting all factory content!
I really hope this is possible, otherwise can you suggest better ways of managing sample files to maximise internal memory?

Other than this I am really happy with the Quantum. But the above issue will definitely limit what is possible from a sound design/samplling perspective. Have any other users created clever ways around this?
Thanks
Simon

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #70 by solitud
Replied by solitud on topic Feature Requests....
Great machine. Some thoughts for a bit more streamlines save procedure.
Also I think the Quantum has the potential to become the ultimate performance sampler, that part has a lot space for improvements but would be very rewarding imo.

Patch save/naming
* no need to press return after entering a patch name, tapping the next field should be enough
* When turning the big encoder first entry should be "Save to next free slot" or the field should be populated with the next free slot (and after that 0000, 0001, ... like it is now)
* Default name or even a random name generator (random adjective + random subject = loosing calls, tranquilized authorities etc....)
* Bank and Author should be in memory from last save and filled out automatically
* maybe support for USB keyboard

Sampler
* record directly in the particle osc without the need to save and import from global
* Slice sample even in n parts or by transient threshold (like the storm ipad app or Octatrack)
* automap sliced samples to keyboard and auto turnoff keytracking to generate drummaps from sample chains, slice spoken words, etc
* play samples in reverse (should be available as modulation target)
* alternative to the classic way samples are placed on the keyboard support pitchshifting so the samples keep their length (don’t mind artefacts)

Template
* Possibility to save a patch as init template (e.g. I want the FX slots populated with delay and reverb by default and not set up this every time)

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #71 by SynthSon
Replied by SynthSon on topic Feature Requests....
Excellent ideas

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #72 by rodhogan
Replied by rodhogan on topic Feature Requests....
Hi,

First time poster.

I see that I can select a patch by number or filter by Attribute, Bank, Author or Feature.

Patch Name Search

I would really like to be able to search patch names by keyword entered on an onscreen keyboard.

Is this possible?

Thx!

Rod.