Feature Requests....

More
9 months 1 week ago #61 by Qwave
Replied by Qwave on topic Feature Requests....

Razmo wrote: I'd like to see a voice allocation mode that trigger subsequent presses of the same key to reinitialize the same voice

And starting the envelope at the given level of its release stage when retriggering the voice in this mode.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 months 1 week ago #62 by Razmo
Replied by Razmo on topic Feature Requests....
I would personally like to see the Ensemble Chorus from Streichfett ported to Quantum as a Chorus FX to better simulate stringer machines, especially the Eminent 310 Unique/Solina... And while you are at it, please model a convincing EH SmallStone phaser algorithm as well... :)... I have not heard any digital phaser yet that has the sweet character as the EH SmallStone... About time that SOME synth can do the Jarre swoosh! :whistle:

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #63 by Razmo
Replied by Razmo on topic Feature Requests....
I'm not totaly sure yet, if this is already possible, but I've not had my Quantum long enough to know the whole machine inside out, so here goes:

I would REALLY like to see some sort af Sample Start randomization function, so that a sample can be started at random places in data at key-on. I'm aware this can only be set at the beginning of a triggered sample, but that's just fine.

To best describe WHY I would like this feature, let me explain it like this:

Say I wanted to sample a Minimoog's oscillator, and loop it to use it as a waveform oscillator. I would want to sample it for every key on the Quantum (61 samples), loop them all seamlessly to obtain as perfect a recreation of the Minimoog waveform I possibly can.

The problem here is though, that the samples always will be played from the start at position 0. This would not sound like a free running waveform at all, but that is where a random sample start feature would be extremely handy because it would simulate the changing phase on key-on.

As it is now, I can use roundrobin playback, but that would require me to sample 61 samples * X roundrobin samples and perfectly loop these... a VERY tedious process indeed! ... a random sample start feature would eliminate this, and also save sample memory in the end, plus loading time.

This trick could be used to great extend even with other types of samples... imagine a looped sound of running water used for a pad sound... with random sample start each keystroke will be at it's own spot in the waveform making the sample sound much less static... in genereal such a feature could be handy for many different types of sounds/samples and save both time and valuable sample memory.

Just a little wish from here :)

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #64 by paulinwales
Replied by paulinwales on topic Feature Requests....
You can certainly do this now with the beta firmware.

"Osc 1/2/3 Samp Start" has been added as a mod matrix destination.

You just need to set up a mod matrix slot with a random source eg rand trig/rand trig bipol generate a random value when a key is played, or use an s&h lfo.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #65 by RhythMusikus
Replied by RhythMusikus on topic Feature Requests....
I strongly support these requests, too.

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #66 by RhythMusikus
Replied by RhythMusikus on topic Feature Requests....
It would be helpful if presets which have been selected - wherever presets are available - are shown on screen so as to know which one has been selected. E.g.: when a wavetable preset is selected, it would be helpful if its name shows up side by side with the name of the wavetable.

It's a great instrument, thank you for it!