Feature Requests....

More
9 months 1 week ago #7 by prophei
Replied by prophei on topic Feature Requests....
This is not the most important request, but wouldn't it be amazingly cool to have a vocoder in this thing? :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #8 by donsolaris
Replied by donsolaris on topic Feature Requests....
Patch Surfer
You select the *area of interest, ie. Envelope Section, you press Load and turn Selection dial to start quickly browsing patches. Except that the new patches aren't loaded and you are still in your patch. What loads in are the parameters form other patches - in this case the area of interest you previously selected i.e. envelope section. "Let me try envelopes form my previous couple of sounds, quick, while i'm in the correct mood".

Or you want try some cool Matrix Modulations. Instead of copy pasting things, you just turn the Selection dial until something good sounding Matrix Mod pops up from some other patch.

Or you simply want to borrow osc settings from one patch, filter settings from the second, env section from the third patch.

I mean, the whole point here is that Selection dial lets you speed up things a lot! Just imagine copy pasting different sections only to find out the result doesn't sound interesting at all.

Patch Randomizer
Similar to the above, except you just select the *area of interest and it gets randomized. i.e. Envelope 1 or LFO2 or Filter 1 Cutoff and Reso. Amount of randomization is given in three levels: min, med, max. (i.e. 0-31, 0-63, 0-127). You just keep pressing until something good pops up. :lol:

* (area of interest)
I still didn't figured out how to make user select the area of interest. Perhaps double click on the parameter or hold Layer button and click the parameter you want to be added to the area of interest list. This also means that the area of interest list has to be generated and shown to the user where he can manually add remove things. Should be located somewhere in patch master section. I dunno, the more i think the more a realize this is not a simple thing to implement. But then Quantum is not a simple instrument neither. :lol:

My Waldorf gear: MW1 revA, Q (32voice), XT, Pulse+
The following user(s) said Thank You: prophei

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #9 by SteveElbows
Replied by SteveElbows on topic Feature Requests....
I think some of the 'section presets' functionality at least partially overlaps with that request. Its not quite as quick as what you are suggesting, but it is fairly clear what is going on from a users perspective, and less likely to cause confusion. However not every section has such presets at the moment, eg oscillators do, fx do, komplex modulator does, but lfos and envelopes dont.
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by SteveElbows.

More
9 months 1 week ago #10 by donsolaris
Replied by donsolaris on topic Feature Requests....
Waveterm Color Scheme
The idea is that it would come as an extra option to the existing color scheme. To give that Waveterm retro vibe. B) Or perhaps Rolf can give us the option we upload our own color schemes using something like a simple txt file with RGB values with a specific name that machine then reads when it boots.

My Waldorf gear: MW1 revA, Q (32voice), XT, Pulse+

More
9 months 1 week ago #11 by Sinister R
Replied by Sinister R on topic Feature Requests....
I would like to request a "copy" function so that you can copy the settings from one oscillator (or layer?) to another. This is a very useful and time-saving feature.

More
9 months 1 week ago #12 by lgaab@comcast.net
A way to randomize an entire patch, an osc, or other sections would be really a godsend for a sound designer.

A better way to locate samples to Add to a patch. Maybe using the large knob under the display would make all
scrolling and browsing much much faster and smoother. The touch scrolling is a weak point and frustrating especially
when doing sound design. So the physical large knob under the display maybe could be the scroll control.

Others have mentioned this too, that the samples onboard and imported from the SD card play back at very low volumes.
The same sample in my other sample playback synths are much much louder. I am tempted with the Quantum to quickly
use the Compressor knob or more slowly, edit the sample gain in the osc. Either way it seems that some distortion is added.
So it seems like the trim in the Quantum is set too low. Then gain staging later after whatever db it is set to, always starts to
add distortion to the sound. Turn up the amp (+18 dBu; +20dBu; +22 dBu; +24 dBu; +0 dBV; +2 dBV; +4 dBV and +6 dBV ?)