Feature Requests....

More
1 year 6 months ago #43 by trancentral
well, im not sure what features have been added already in V2, but on the vsynth the main essentials were a normalise function, 'snap to zero' for loops, maybe having separate loop points for L&R channels? also im not sure how hard it would be to get the quantum to timestretch samples to fit the system tempo? great for drum loops and all that sound mangling jazz.. and some more fx blocks like amp models/pitch shifters, maybe more parameters over the fx themselves?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #44 by Qwave
Replied by Qwave on topic Feature Requests....

prophei wrote: After playing with the Quantum some, it has become REALLY apparent that the UI needs to reflect the modulations occurring, or it gets really confusing. for example, if I have modulation altering a waveform, and I am looking at the waveform, I can not see it happening. If I manually alter the same parameter on the screen, I can see it happening. Why is the modulation behavior hidden?

What to show, if each voice is modulated by a different source that is triggered individually? Like an envelope or a free running S&H. How to show what is actually going on? 8 screens for each of the eight voices that are modulated different? No. Just showing just one of the eight voices would not help much either.

Maybe you can easier use the scope mode: Global Mode -> Scope Tab -> Source -> select Osc 1, 2 or 3. There you see the realtime output of the oscillators. If you play just one note at a time, it is will show you the waveshape you hear. (page 140 in the latest PDF manual)

And remember the scope available where the 8 voice and the stereo VUs are. (page 18 in the latest PDF manual)

More
1 year 5 months ago #45 by Frump
Replied by Frump on topic Feature Requests....
A way to save modulation templates plus a way to export samples easily to sd card also modulation matrix options from layer to layer

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #46 by holografique
Replied by holografique on topic Feature Requests....
Received my Quantum last week, and what a machine. Major props and thanks to the Waldorf team for such an amazing instrument.

A few things to share:

1. So far no major gripes, concerns, or gotchas after spending a few hours navigating and getting familiar with the entire UI. Great design overall. My only real comment is IMO an odd choice in placing the category buttons above the touchscreen, instead of below it. Constantly I find myself having to look around my hands to see what Im doing while I'm pushing those buttons. I have to place my hand in an awkward position to push them while still being able to see the screen in it's entirety. Not 100% ergonomic IMO, but clearly not solvable via software updates. So just something for future consideration ;) I know other synths have done it, but those other synths don't have the same real-estate and focus on their LCD screen as the Quantum does.

2. It would be nice to be able to set the brightness of the button backlighting independent from the control LEDs

3. It would be great to have the color "white" added to the options of assignable LED colors (similar to the color used for the volume / compressor). Or maybe just a color-wheel option allowing the end-user to fully customize the specific color they want for a section.

4. +2 on adding OSC Cross-Modulation, and OSC FM to Filter. I would also like to see Sync added to the Wavetable OSC similar to the Waldorf XT

5. A more useable "patch performance" screen mode where the end-user can build the layout of whatever particular functions and controls they want presented at all times for easy access of the currently selected patch. In addition the end-user could fully customize the 6 touchscreen encoders as "quick-access" controls to any function within the currently selected patch.

6. +5 on making the main encoder more logical and useable to use. Right now it seems confusing and not very useable. I think it should automatically allow you to adjust whatever parameter you have currently selected via the touchscreen.

That's it for now. I'll post more as I continue to dig deeper into the engine and sound-design. The engine is a dream come true for me in many ways, marrying the power of software synthesis with the enjoyment (and ease) of tactile controls, and executed in the best way I've seen yet in my history of making music and using synthesizers. Bravo Waldorf!
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by holografique.

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #47 by holografique
  • Quick way to mute layer 1 or layer 2. This would be very helpful when designing a dual-layered patch and you want to quickly focus on one layer vs the other, without having to adjust the layer volume levels. Sometimes these levels are important to the patch design and you want to leave them alone, but still focus your design work on one layer vs the other.

(EDIT: I came across the ability to set the voicing mode to only trigger one layer vs the other without having to adjust or touch the layer volume setting. This works for now, but an easy "mute" option would be better)

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #48 by holografique
  • Ability to set the voicing mode of each layer independent from each other (e.g. one layer can be mono, while the other can be poly)

• Definitely going to support the need to be able to visualize the modulation amounts assigned to a specific parameter. Not soo much the need to visualize it in the main graphic (e.g. waveform, envelope, LFO displays), but the value bars displayed on each of the 6 touchscreen encoders and the main value amount shown at the bottom of the display should react to whatever modulation is controlling it. This is important sometimes in being able to set the right modulation amount (and initial parameter value) to get the modulation to control the range that you want. Yes, you can do it audibly, but sometimes you need/want it to be accurate in terms of actual parameter values