Feature Requests....

More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #13 by lgaab@comcast.net
A way to copy settings from one oscillator to another.

A way to move a patch from one location to another.

A simpler layout for Importing samples where only the sample is shown rather than Quantum creating a separate individual folder
for only that sample I just imported. I am import a single sample from the SD card. It is located in a named folder on my SD card.
I select that sample and Quantum imports the sample, but it is in a folder that Quantum created with the same name of the SD card
folder from where the sample came. In the end I have many many folders all with the same name from which I must search one at a
time because each individual sample is in in it's own separate folder with the identical name (e.g. Custom Samples).

Maybe I am missing some detail that is not obvious or ergonomic, about how to import a sample into my own desired folder. Makes
more sense for the user to create a folder on Quantum to imported samples are directed, but it seems that Quantum wants a separate
folder for each sample I import. I know I can go through the trouble to rename every folder, but....

OS firmware 1.2.4 is installed currently. Best sounding synth I have ever heard. Very versatile. I applaud the creators taking on such a complex synth.
Last edit: 9 months 1 week ago by lgaab@comcast.net.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 week ago #14 by SteveElbows
Replied by SteveElbows on topic Feature Requests....
A screensaver that consists of a bare scope (without labels and static axis lines) would be nice.

I love the Scope+Pitch mode of the scope, but it would be nice to be able to change the colours used (red+green not my favourite combination).

The Komplex Modulator animation for Entropy makes me feel unwell when I stare at it, I can see what the animation is trying to convey but the fast jittery movement isnt good for the visual processing bit of my brain. I dont have photosensitive epilepsy but if I did, I might be afraid to look at this animation.

It would be nice to be able to specify a default Author & Bank that is automatically populated when going to the save page for a new patch (that was made from a blank init). So I dont repeatedly have to select my own name when saving new patches every time.

More
9 months 1 week ago #15 by lgaab@comcast.net
Is there any way create software that would allow user calibration or adjustments to the touch display sensitivity.
As one example, I use a convertor called Hilo by a company named Lynx. They have only a touch screen on their
converter. It works fine all the time. It has a way to calibrate the sensitively to my personal touch on the display in
order to make the screen optimally responsive to touch when adjusting parameters, finding other pages, etc.
It works great. Please put something like that into the Quantum software if possible.

More
9 months 6 days ago #16 by donsolaris
Replied by donsolaris on topic Feature Requests....
In oscillator section (wavetables):
-- 8 bit mode option in oscillator section (crude bit reducer that outputs just 8 bits of data)
-- nearest neighbor interpolation option (aka the harsh sounding thing)

My Waldorf gear: MW1 revA, Q (32voice), XT, Pulse+

More
9 months 5 days ago - 9 months 5 days ago #17 by Sinister R
Replied by Sinister R on topic Feature Requests....
It turns out the "preset" function basically serves as a copy buffer. If you save an oscillator as a preset you can then load those same settings into another one.

But unlike "presets" that travel with the patch, only the preset settings seem to be loaded into the patch, not the preset itself. So you can freely write over the preset for the next iteration, and the settings will remain with the patch itself. I have started just using one preset (named "1", so it appears at top of list) for any copying purposes.
Last edit: 9 months 5 days ago by Sinister R.

More
9 months 22 hours ago #18 by Deva
Replied by Deva on topic Feature Requests....
Some Feature Requests

Wavetable Osc:

Add Osc unison the same as the Waveform Osc - up to 8 iterations with detune etc.

Waveform Osc:

With Osc unison, there is a setting for individual pitch. I would like an alternate option for individual phase with Osc set to Reset. Adds a lot of tonal variety.