Feature Requests....

More
10 months 1 week ago #1 by prophei
Feature Requests.... was created by prophei
After playing with the Quantum some, it has become REALLY apparent that the UI needs to reflect the modulations occurring, or it gets really confusing. for example, if I have modulation altering a waveform, and I am looking at the waveform, I can not see it happening. If I manually alter the same parameter on the screen, I can see it happening. Why is the modulation behavior hidden?

Another huge improvement would be for the user to be able to switch the ENV banks on the panel. While Filter 1, Filter 2 and Amp are the physical ENV controls on the panel, I would like to be able to switch the other 3 to those physical controls. It would be a simple color coded button on the screen someplace. It would be cool for any functions that are duplicated, like the FX... but it's really the ENV's that matter most to me, as those are a pain to program on the screen compared to using the knobs.

Also, it would be incredible to add a sequencer behavior that does not run freely, but simply steps once per keypress on the keyboard, allowing it to be a sort of modulation programmer that you can step cycle through. I have used this extensively on the DSI Polyevolver, and the results really defined that synth for me.

Other than that, I concur with others regarding upgrades to sample management in general. I hope that you support standards that would allow me to use something like Sample Robot to set things up and then easily import. That would be very slick.

I'll add more in following comments to this thread as I think of them. Thanks! This is a truly wonderful instrument, and a few tweaks would really make it possibly the greatest ever. It may already be. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 days ago #2 by g00se
Replied by g00se on topic Feature Requests....
I would love for the big encoder under the screen to be used more often and intelligently... I find myself *trying* to use it whenever a popup list or popup value slider is shown and then clicking to confirm, but that ends up accidentally taking me continually to the Favorites screen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: holografique, audiosampling

More
10 months 2 days ago #3 by prophei
Replied by prophei on topic Feature Requests....
I agree with you. It always feels like an obvious sort of universal scroll wheel for lists. I have done the same thing! I'd like to see that as well.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #4 by prophei
Replied by prophei on topic Feature Requests....
I think that there could be some serious improvement to the handling of multi option lists that require scrolling. No matter how I attempt to touch them to get to the currently hidden parameters (ie...need to be scrolled to), it initiates a selection from the screen that I didn't want. Trying to scroll ends up 90% of the time selecting the option that is on the screen where I began my scroll attempt from. It is SUPER annoying. I would much rather have to use a knob to scroll the options.

Also, the screen can be very hard to use predictably in general. Often, touching it doesn't do anything. Sometimes when typing certain letters, they are very hard to initiate. It seems like the general sensitivity is not very predictable or uniform. Are the screens bad, or is there room for code improvement?

The more I program sounds, the more I have to STRONGLY request that modulations visually impact the things they are routed to. It is really annoying to be looking at a waveform/wavetable/particle screen that I have tons of stuff modulating... only to see absolutely no indication of that. It makes the visuals there completely meaningless, and my use of the controls gives me visual changes that are simply not accurate. The static nature of it kills any notion that the visuals are actually reporting what is happening.

PLEASE add this, even if it is an option you can turn off. Thank you :)

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #5 by Weston Underwood
In terms of control I agree with the desire for the large knob to be used more intelligently and some thought to a method of enabling 'shift' for a quick speeding up/slowing down of indexing. Also visualisation could be improved. I also note that many of the encoders have a press toggle, this could maybe flip between two chosen levels, e.g. standard and fine etc specified in the setup page.

Prior to that though I'd really like two things, some osc->osc and digital filter FM and a broader ability to modulate the options in the effects. For example I'd like to be able to use the sequencer to modulate functions in the delay module. Eventually interface wise a dedicated page as an addition to the scroll list would be good, as would the ability to re-order the list as finding keyboard not at the top of the modulation list is a bit annoying.

Superb synth though. I really, really love it and even though I'm blessed with a nice synth collection I'd not want to lose it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: holografique

More
9 months 1 week ago #6 by paulshillito
Replied by paulshillito on topic Feature Requests....
I second the animation of modulation in the display, after using the Arturia Pigments which has a similar wavetable setup it seems to be a waste of having the display show only a static image. If they can add a scope and FFT spectrum analysis I'm sure they could animate a slow-moving modulation and it would be much easier to see what is affecting what.
The following user(s) said Thank You: prophei