Quantum in the same realm as Neuron?

More
2 years 2 days ago - 2 years 2 days ago #1 by gridsleep
I am seriously considering saving for a Quantum as my next hardware synthesizer (unless a Neuron shows up that I can afford; I had a Neuron, had to sell it, and have been pining for another since, even thought I have Neuron VS and Nuke.) Does the 'resonator' of the Quantum in any way compare with the 'resynator' of the Neuron? Same beast or different zoo altogether? I would suspect that Mr. Hartmann might have the best knowledge to answer this question, if he is available. Thanks for your time.
Last edit: 2 years 2 days ago by gridsleep.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 days ago #2 by Lukas.S
I spoke to Axel Hartmann a while ago about this. No, Neuron's Resynator with y is not the same like Quantum's Resonator, they work totally different. The Resynator is based on neuronal structures, while the Resonator is similar to a Karplus-Strong algorithm. A short noise burst impulse is fed through a bank of narrow-banded bandpass filters with resonance each. Also, you can process a sample with this.

Before you post: Have you checked our FAQ and Support section yet?
Contact us there if you have any issues or bugs to report.

"I've seen things... So many things that you can't believe. Past designs, future designs, cables in the bend."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.