How to load my actual PPG Wave 2.2 waveTerm wavetables?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #1 by shagghie
Hello, I have my original waveterm wavetables that are formatted in 22khz samplerate and 16bit depth. When trying to load them into any of the oscillator types from wavetable to resonator etc. i just get 'sample load error'. I cannot even see the files in the SD card browser when i got to import one.

Is there a way to import all of them at once instead of each one, one by one (assuming i can even get that working)? I bought the Quantum for the sole purpose of attempting to re-built my old 2.2/waveterm combo...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #2 by Qwave
What file format are you using? .WAV or AIFF or else?
How many sample words per wavetable?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #3 by shagghie
T001.wav: 32768 is the number of samples in 33kb .117 second long sample i dragged into Logic to check

T002.wav: 65536 is the number of samples i the 66kb 1.115-second long sample i dragged into Logic to check.

all samples are almost all 33kb in size, with only a few exceptions that are twice as big at 66kb (like T002.wav above)

all are mono, 22khz, 16bit.

helpful?

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #4 by Qwave
So you are not talking about wavetable, but about vintage PPG waveterm factory samples.

I imported the famous T040 E-Bass and the T400 Orchestra here without a problem. Doing a wavetable analysis using the T040 went well. But the T400 is to complex and may contain to much non harmonic content to to sound right.

I am using the 2.0 Beta version here (currently version 9).
I can't remember if I tried this with the newest official release 1.3

So if you are on version 1.3, please wait for the release of the version 2.0. It will also give some nice extras like looping samples on board.