ppg

More
1 year 11 months ago #1 by kimPPG01
ppg was created by kimPPG01
I love ppg3v but its looking more like they are dropping support for it...not 1 update in over a year....I was really hoping for an overhaul and some stability but I'm not so sure it will ever get past the latest version.
I have had good support from them in the past but recently there seems to be very little interaction with customers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #2 by eivind
Replied by eivind on topic ppg
Again - agreed.

The synth is too good to be abandoned. AND! It is a true relic! (I did have a PPG Wave 2 and then a PPG Wave 2.2 back in the 80's).
I'm a tad puzzled by the fact that mr. Hartmann has been involved in making the GUI. It doesn't really show - does it? Keep the blue and the vintage look, but make it more user friendly - i.e. add MIDI-learn and make the thing scalable.

Complaints aside - there is no need to update software that doesn't need to be updated. Heck - I bought mine this Christmas!! (2018) - so - if they're still selling it - it's also supported.

Oh - and apart from the GUI and MIDI-learn.. I do not like the file system. It's very "SteinbergCubasy".. any softsynth should have it's own way of handling files keeping track of it's own sounds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.