Feature requests

More
4 months 3 days ago #1 by lordradish
Feature requests was created by lordradish
I didn't see a forum for feature requests, so if I missed it, I apologize.

I love my Iridium, but there's a few things that would really improve it, even more...
  • Prompt for save before switching from altered patch.... the Hydrasynth has this... what a life saver. I hate accidentally switching a patch and forgetting to save.
  • Any way to speed up transfer times from external media for samples? This is going to matter, a lot more, once that feature in beta goes live. Is the bottleneck in the synth or in the choice of media?
  • I'd like to see some more controls for the sequencer, there's very little that can be modded. It'd be nice to have an easier way to change length or start point on the fly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #2 by ManParrish
Iridium is multi voice. Can the sequencer software be updated to record poly / chords as input steps too? Sequencing notes AND chords together opens all kinds of possibilities !
Thanx !
- Man Parrish

More
3 months 2 weeks ago - 3 months 2 weeks ago #3 by PF78
Replied by PF78 on topic Feature requests

• Prompt for save before switching from altered patch.... the Hydrasynth has this... what a life saver. I hate accidentally switching a patch and forgetting to save.

It would be even better if Waldorf would implement an edit buffer like many older Waldorf synths used to have.
The edit buffer keeps your changes live as long as you don't start editing something new. That way you can compare patches or load differen presets and you can always return to your unsaved work. Saving the buffer to a new preset or editing something new will clear the buffer. It's super handy.
The old Waldorf Pulse has this feature as well as the Microwave2/XT. On the Microwave you had 8 edit buffers actually to keep 8 differently programs live without saving! And that was in 1997!

Last edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by PF78.

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #4 by CO2
Replied by CO2 on topic Feature requests
- a "Display-Lock" would be nice, so that the display NOT jump to the current parameter
- Filter serial and parallel, it its technically possible.....

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #5 by synthdrome
Replied by synthdrome on topic Feature requests
1: lfo ree run mode in "sync" options.> not tied to key press or bpm sync
2: analog clock selectability > +5 vdc positive, negative, and clock rate selectable. minimum should be 1/6th note trigger +5v dc trigger in out.  please at leasee add this. it would be to sync to any trigger or clock. the 24 ppq clock rate currently in use is near useless for 95% of all interface applications. please please please add this to utilize the sequencer. its a great tool that sits under utilized >minus midi sync. 

thanks!
shawn

More
1 month 6 days ago #6 by Saebel23
Replied by Saebel23 on topic Feature requests
Hi, 
if it is possible, I would like to have an caps lock, for typing in my Patch names more quickly. I prefer to write them in capital letters.

Thnx
K.