Soundbanks - organizing, consolidating etc

More
3 years 1 week ago #25 by Gustafsson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #26 by djwilldbeats
Just awaiting the delivery of my new Blofeld.
I've been preparing a small sample selection to load into it (via SL Sample Option) and plan to use this device for a very specific art project project, in which I'll only need a few sounds, but want to make the access as simple as possible ..........so what I need to know is:

Can I create my own BANKS, (and name them) or can I just organize the patches within existing Banks?

Thanks for your response and insight everyone...

w

;0)
Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by djwilldbeats.

More
2 years 10 months ago #27 by Lukas.S
There are the standard banks A to H with max. 128 sounds each. The bank names are fixed and cannot be changed.

Each sound can be assigned to a category (pad/lead/arp/bass...). It is possible to apply a category filter, so only sounds of one category will be displayed.

Before you post: Have you checked our FAQ and Support section yet?
Contact us there if you have any issues or bugs to report.

"I've seen things... So many things that you can't believe. Past designs, future designs, cables in the bend."

More
2 years 10 months ago #28 by djwilldbeats
Thanks - that helps.

Will

More
2 years 10 months ago #29 by djwilldbeats
I've only had my Blo for a few weeks and also needed to find a way to organize a library for a specific project.

After doing quite a bit of sleuthing online, I ended up downloading a few things, and SO FAR, have found that (on my Mac) the SOFTKNOBS software (free download) has been the best for me. There are demos on YTube, but the guy doesn't talk, there's text on the screen to explain.

Not an ideal librarian, but it's allowed me to modify sounds and bounce sounds and banks back and forth from the Blofeld.

...and now that I'm wrapping my head around how amazing this synth is, I'm glad I'm getting things organized.
It's a great synth, capable of so many things.

...best of luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: babaal