Soundbanks - organizing, consolidating etc

More
3 years 1 week ago #19 by Gustafsson
My guess about Kotros software is that it is simply to old. Otherwise I really like the ideas that are realized in both the wvetable editor and the librarian.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 1 week ago #20 by bobbes
I've downoaded the Demo of BloX. They propose to update the firmware of the Blofeld. I have Vers. 1.22 and like to update to Ver. 1.24. Do somebody know if the Sounds of the Blofeld get deleated when updating? That's exactly what I wnated to do: dumping/saving my sounds before updating. Now it's like a circuit.

More
3 years 1 week ago #21 by Gustafsson
I just now updated firmware to 1.24. And all the soundsbanks seems to be intact :)
btw I also have had a go at Kotros Sound organizer, I think it is just what I need. It works fine, so far. And it is very cheap..

More
3 years 1 week ago #22 by bobbes

Gustafsson wrote: I just now updated firmware to 1.24. And all the soundsbanks seems to be intact :)
btw I also have had a go at Kotros Sound organizer, I think it is just what I need. It works fine, so far. And it is very cheap..

I've installed teh Kotro Sound organizertoo. When I started "Read all sounds from Blofeld" it occurs the error
"Must be installed Waldorf-Blofeld.inf
from www.waldorf-music.info/downloads-blofeld...windowsdriverinffile"

I can't find this file, do you know, where I have to copy it? I asked Kortro some tme ago, but he had no helpful answer for me.

At the moment I have firmware 1.22 on the Blofeld; do you think it only works with fw. 1.24?

More
3 years 1 week ago #23 by Gustafsson
bobbes:
You can find a .inf-file at waldorfmusic.com/en/downloads-blofeld-en/blofeld-tools-en.
I have not installed this on my system since it works without it. I am not 100% sure what it does, but I believe it is to help Windows to identify the Blofeld hardware among all the USB ports. And the inf-file at the download page is from the XP age (=long ago). I have Win10, where this functionality is probably built-in. I do not know about Win7. I dont want to give any hard advise because I am not a computer guru.
I do not think updating to fw 1.24 can make any damage, but again, they do not recommend going back to 1.22 once you have updated to 1.24. If your aim is to get Kotros software to function on your computer (Win7?), I would stay with 1.22 and try to update the driver with with the .inf-file.
Attached are some screendumps of what it looks like here, and the zip file from Waldorf download with the inf.file if you cant find it. Read the Readme.txt Good luck
One more thing: When you open the Sound Organizer, make sure you do not have any other MIDI software opened, since they lock the MIDI-connection. You probably know this, but stilll....(mistakes I have made).
Attachments:

More
3 years 6 days ago #24 by bobbes
Hi Gustafsson,
Thanks for your reply. Yesterday a good friend of mine (keyboarder and professional IT-Administrator) helped me and tried to install the driver. Yesterday no success, but today I can Read the sounds!! I‘m happy! Thanks for your help.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gustafsson