Trying to lower the level of some presets without changing their sound

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #1 by csurieux
Recent to Blofeld, I discover that some very nice presets have a very loud level compared to others, and when I chain them by midi from my midi foot controller (beeing guitar player with Fishman Triple Play generating midi) , there is a bump in the Dbs generated by Blofeld.
I use an expression pedal sending CC7 to Blofeld but when the preset changes, it is too fast to lower the level of new preset without a noticeable and ugly sound bump..
I spent hours in the doc and trying to change drive level or some sustain in filters but the sound get totally modified.
There is a master level but no dedicated level, strange that Waldorf has not fixed this.
Disapointed.

Any help/solution other than adding a stereo midi equalizer after Blofeld welcome.

Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by csurieux.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qwave
  • Away
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • longtime Waldorf enthusiast
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #2 by Qwave
Use the VOLUME parameter in the Amplifier Edit Menu. This is a programmable volume parameter. So edit the sounds initial level here and save the sound. Now the sound start playing with this stored volume.

So before complaining Waldorf did not fix a thing, better read the full manual. This parameter had been in all firmware versions from the release day on.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago - 1 month 3 weeks ago #3 by csurieux
Well, well, not very friendly answer.
I have read the documentation, many times and as I explain I am controlling Blofeld Volume using an expression pedal which sends CC 7.
And even if I save the sound with a lower volume value, as soon as I engage it by midi and move the expression pedal, it jumps to the expression pedal value and there is a jump in output volume.
Unfortunately I get the confirmation from other sources that there are no solution to this volume problem.

If you have practiced with an expression pedal you should understand this expression pedal eternal usage fact.
In many evolved other synt there is a solution to this difference of levels in the output volume between presets, usually by adding a dedicated preset volume independent of the general volume which is itself controlled by midi CC7.
Let's imagine you have preset A with an average output of 0 Db and preset B with 2 Db, so using an internal volume of 60% on B and 100% of A, your midi expression pedal controls a quite similar output level for A or B.
But it does not exists on Blofeld. Nobody is perfect.

May be I will not buy more than 127 Blofelds as it was in my first intention.
But I keep it, for sure, let's all fans be assured.

Best
Last edit: 1 month 3 weeks ago by csurieux.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #4 by robsmith1990
Hi all))

It should be borne in mind that recruiting agencies, as a rule, use the resumes sent to them as a source of obtaining the necessary information about the applicant, therefore, it is distilled in a "dry" form into a standard resume form, in which "creative liberties" are canceled

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #5 by daniel_sneed
AFAIU, there IS an independent volume setting in amplifier within EACH sound :
Blofeld screen > Amplifier > 1/2 > volume (0 - 127)

More
1 month 2 weeks ago #6 by csurieux
Yes but as said before, please read, it is related to midi CC7, so whatever value you save in it, it get overidden as soon as you move you expression pedal generating CC 7.
Thanks but useless AFAIU :( .