Transfer single samples to Blofeld

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #7 by istinn
Recently upgraded Blofeld desktop to SL. Same problems as described above, sample upload issues, makes it almost useless. Midi file upload works but deletes and replaces all memory sample slots. What a waste of time. I wish I knew the supporting software is way out of its specs and abandoned before buying. I would avoid even at the discount price.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #8 by synthist75
Agree. I wouldn't have done the upgrade to SL if I'd knew before about the issues. It's all embarassing. Besides from the questionable policy of "unlocking" issues for quite a lot of money (retail price is more than fifth of the device's price) you do not even get reliable support for your money! I've learned my lesson: Buy. Cheap. Many blame Behringer for destroying business, no Sir: thats your own fault.

More
1 week 5 days ago #9 by istinn

synthist75 wrote: Agree. I wouldn't have done the upgrade to SL if I'd knew before about the issues. It's all embarassing. Besides from the questionable policy of "unlocking" issues for quite a lot of money (retail price is more than fifth of the device's price) you do not even get reliable support for your money! I've learned my lesson: Buy. Cheap. Many blame Behringer for destroying business, no Sir: thats your own fault.

Yeah, I see what you think! Anyway, there is a discussion for this subject on elektronauts forum, check this out: www.elektronauts.com/t/blofeld-love/3281/587

There is a "solution" that partially works, based on this howto:
modulatethis.com/2014/12/15/must-read-wa...uce-sample-transfer/

More
9 hours 45 minutes ago #10 by UpTop
Hello. When I first got the Blofeld keyboard I spent a lot of time trying to get samples to work the way I wanted. During this process I discovered that you can load individual samples quite easily and quickly, but there are a few critical things to keep in mind so you don't lose any previously loaded samples. I posted about my experience on this forum here - www.waldorfmusic.com/en/forum/blofeld-en...tiple-custom-samples
and since then I've discovered a couple more things:

1. The cosmetic bugs in Spectre seem to have been resolved. Either that or an OS update on my computer (Windows 10) allowed Spectre to work as intended.

2. If you want to load individual samples, you MUST have the entirety of your samples saved as a .xml file. You can do this by loading all of your samples into Spectre then exporting the file. If you already have all of your samples on your Blofeld and not saved as a .xml file, you'll need to re-build your sample "Programs" using Spectre. Once you have all of your "Programs" built, TEST THEM by sending to Blofeld. I don't know if it's necessary or not, but I always highlight all of the Programs before transmitting. Just click on the first Program, hold Shift, then click on the last one to select them all. After verifying that they all transferred correctly, go back to Spectre and make sure all Programs are highlighted (still?). Now click Export to save your banks as a .xml file.

When you want to add a sample to this .xml file, this is where it gets a bit tricky. FIRST, load up the .xml file into Spectre using Load... on the left side. IF you want to create another "Program", simply hit New and Spectre will create another one at the end of your list. Then load your .wav file using Load... on the right side column and use whatever options you want in how your sample will play on the Blofeld. Again, I'm not entirely sure if it's necessary or not, but once I have a new .wav file ready to go, I highlight ALL of the Programs again and hit transmit.

Now, since about Blofeld software version 1.23 (I think), Spectre will ONLY transmit the NEW sample even though you selected ALL of Programs. Spectre will even tell you it's going to take upwards of 28 minutes or whatever, but it's a dirty liar. Spectre is a turd, and it has to parse the entire set of Programs before it understands that there is only one additional sample it needs to send. Once it understands that, it sends the one sample.

The key thing to take away from this is that, unless you know how to create a .xml file on your own, you MUST use Spectre to build the sample Programs and them save them as .xml. EVERY time you want to load another sample into your banks, simply load up this .xml file, add your sample, format it however you want, and transmit. THEN EXPORT IT ALL AGAIN so you have an updated .xml file with all of your samples.

I hope this helps someone. There are a couple of other things to consider when using samples too, but check out the link I posted for those tips because this post is already too long.

Moderators: Pablo