Waldorf Blofeld Spectre query

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #1 by filbasco1
Hi All, Please help!!! I am at my wits end, because I am obviously really stupid but I can not for the life of me work how I get the waldorf Blofeld to appear in my windows 10 PC. The drivers are installed, it appears in devices along with the midi port. So should something happen? Should something appear on the screen indicating that it is picking up data from the Blofeld. Or does it only allow data to be sent to the device? I have re-read the instructions countless times but to my mind it is as clear as mud. Any and all assistance greatly appreciated.
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by filbasco1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #2 by Lukas.S
Hello filbasco1,
Spectre can only transfer files to the Blofeld. It can't record the sysex dumps from the Blofeld. You may use your DAW if it supports Sysex or Midi-Ox to record and save Sysex data from the Blofeld.

Before you post: Have you checked our FAQ and Support section yet?
Contact us there if you have any issues or bugs to report.

"I've seen things... So many things that you can't believe. Past designs, future designs, cables in the bend."
The following user(s) said Thank You: filbasco1

More
1 year 4 months ago #3 by Karsten
Only for addition, you can not dump the samples from Blofeld to your computer.

More
1 year 4 months ago #4 by filbasco1
Hi Lukas
Apologies for not responding earlier, thank you for explaining. So given the blofield has no midi out could you tell me how I can back up my data from the Blofeld.

Thanks

Phil

More
1 year 4 months ago - 1 year 4 months ago #5 by Lukas.S
Hello Phil,

You will have to use USB Midi then. It might help to disconnect all other USB devices, make sure not to use any hubs etc. Connect and start the Blofeld before starting your computer.
Maybe your USB controller in the computer may be damaged. Please try using another computer for the backup.

Before you post: Have you checked our FAQ and Support section yet?
Contact us there if you have any issues or bugs to report.

"I've seen things... So many things that you can't believe. Past designs, future designs, cables in the bend."
Last edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Lukas.S.

More
1 year 4 months ago #6 by filbasco1
I really appreciate your help with this. Many thanks :) :) :) :) :)

Moderators: Pablo