SL Sample Option

More
3 years 2 months ago #1 by djwilldbeats
Just purchased a Blofeld - looking for a bit more clarification re: SL Sample Option:

1) How much sample time does this 60MB of flash memory support?
2) Can I import STEREO samples?
3) What file types are supported?
4) Can the samples be deleted to free up space?

Thanks so much for your time and input...

Will

Middle of NowHere, in a remote, snowy area of Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #2 by Karsten
Replied by Karsten on topic SL Sample Option
Hi,
1. Total sample time? You can not sample / record an audio file from Blofeld directly. You can only import data samples. That means that a data file has MB and time information.
2. Yes you can, but the Blofeld will convert this Stereo in a L+R MONO file internal. So better convert your sample with an Audio Editor to the mono channel methode you prefer (only L or only R or L+R)
3. WAV 16bit max. 48kHz
4. Yes, but be sure that you do not delete samples which were used in a sound program. If you delete these samples, the sound program is silent.

And addition to question 1.: A 16bit/48kHz MONO WAV with around 5.5MB is equal to 1 minute AUDIO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janomix

More
3 years 2 months ago #3 by djwilldbeats
Replied by djwilldbeats on topic SL Sample Option
Thanks Karsten. That really helps.
Now that I think about it, it makes total sense that it is the size of the files, (not the length of time they play) which determines how many you can have.

I appreciate your time.

BTW - I've been buying and selling synths since the late 70's, have owned dozens of boards and have also owned many samplers, including an Emulator 2 back in the 80's.

I'm very familiar with all of this - just not the Blofeld...

w

;0)

More
3 years 2 months ago #4 by Karsten
Replied by Karsten on topic SL Sample Option
For all...

you can also use the Blofeld to play your sample from your old hardware sampler (sample CDs):
Open the samples (AKAI,EMU,Roland EXS, Halion...) sample libray with a sample editor or software sampler
Export the single sample files as a WAV file
Save these samples onto your harddrive
You can edit and cut the sample (as short as possible). I personaly prefer Wavosaur (free audio editor) or Sound Forge Pro (commercial audio editor)
Import the sampels in Spectre
Build your own sample libray (max. 60MB), create banks and transfer the sample pack to your Blofeld
Open a new (init) Blofeld sound program and chose the samples as oscilator wave sound

Remark:

Numbers of samples are nearly limited (up to 1000), so you can import a lot!
Blofeld can read loop points and root keys
A special version of SampleRobot Single X Blofeld is available for the Blofeld, so you can build or edit samples very easy

That was a short description what you can do with SL... hope it will help.

More
3 years 2 months ago #5 by djwilldbeats
Very helpful.
Thanks so much for your time and information.

I'm using my Blofeld for a very specific musical project, so I'm creating custom samples just for that.
It's good to know what type of options I'll have, as I'm sure the instrument will lead me to new areas of sonic exploration.

with respect

Will

More
3 years 2 months ago #6 by djwilldbeats
Very helpful.
Thanks so much for your time and information.

I'm using my Blofeld for a very specific musical project, so I'm creating custom samples just for that.
It's good to know what type of options I'll have, as I'm sure the instrument will lead me to new areas of sonic exploration.

with respect

Will