2014 Blofeld, 1.25 update?

More
1 year 6 months ago #1 by ErnstStavro
My 2014 Blofeld (at least it says 2014 on the boot screen), is running 1.22 and seems very stable. Should I upgrade to 1.25?

I'm not sure what 1.25 will do for me or if it's anything I really need.

Thanks,

Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #2 by robst247
Replied by robst247 on topic 2014 Blofeld, 1.25 update?
Hi Scott - I just (two days ago) bought a second-hand Blofeld with firmware v1.22 on it and updated to 1.25. I've been using it intensively without a hitch. I don't know what bug fixes and/or new features 1.25 has, but it's working fine for me. ;-)
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by robst247.

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #3 by ErnstStavro
Thanks for the report!

Hopefully that will be the consensus for most. What year is your Blofeld? It shows on the boot screen.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by ErnstStavro.

More
1 year 6 months ago #4 by Karsten
Replied by Karsten on topic 2014 Blofeld, 1.25 update?
Only for your information, the date on the start screen is not the built date! This is OS release date. But you can detect it from your hardware serial (the serial on start screen and white sticker at the backside).
For example:
17xxxx00xxx <- the first two numbers are built date... 2017
8xxxx00xxx <- ... 2008

More
1 year 6 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #5 by ErnstStavro
Thanks for clearing that up Karsten.

Your method works for my boot screen serial number but not the serial number on the base of the unit which is different and ends in 03038. Why is that?

Both serials start with 15 so clearly I have a 2015.
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by ErnstStavro.

More
7 months 3 weeks ago #6 by tenorjazz
I can't remember exactly when but know I got my Blofeld way back when they first came out. I have two serial numbers, one that starts with 82 (looks like the big "official" label) and the other (looks like an add on tag) that starts with 02. So it was either made in 2002 or 1982, which is kind of weird because it wasn't released till 2007 (must have got a really early prototype:-).

Over all these years I have used it mostly as a rompler, which is very said, but it has so many good presets that I never really tried to program it and besides I just didn't understand how to. That has changed in that I am really trying to dig deep into all my synths and figure out their hidden secrets. So looking at a Youtube of someone programming his I was watching him scanning through the Wave tables and noticed they all had fancy names on them. It looks like I have 119 wavetables on mine. The first one is named "Wavetable", the second "Wavetable 1" and so on up to Wavetable 118.

So I was wondering if anybody else has the wavetables named like mine and if there are still 119 on the 1.25 update. I was kind of thinking of updating mine but it has been reasonably stable. However I have been working on a live setup and am a little worried it might have a problem while performing so was wondering if rather that updating mine to try and make it more stable I should look at getting a newer one. I don't think I will ever sell my current one. I have heard of people having issues with updates and really don't need those kinds of problems. It's currently running V1.22.

Moderators: Pablo