forum header v1

normal Encoder problem with the new units.

Mehr
2 Wochen 1 Tag her #31 von blofeldark
blofeldark antwortete auf das Thema: Encoder problem with the new units.
@Sound Rider

What solution did they give it to you, friend?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Wochen 1 Tag her - 2 Wochen 1 Tag her #32 von Sound Rider
Sound Rider antwortete auf das Thema: Encoder problem with the new units.
@blofeldark

I am waiting ... BUT to be fair ... I sent them an email after German office time ... so that's okay.

This issue is strange. Yesterday I switched from DIN MIDI to USB MIDI, because I wanted to check, if there is a difference. Tell you what ... my little Gremlins smelled that rat, and the encoder did well via DIN AND via USB. I even tried do make it harder, got the machine howling with FM, drenched the sound in reverb, and used the encoder to do lively cutoff modulation ... no problems.

But I know, what I have had the day before. Programming a pad, holding down a key for the long tones, and suddenly the left encoder was dead. Rebooting the unit twice did not help ... after minutes of twiddling and trying this and that I left the studio for some minutes to get me a drink, came back ... and unbelievable ... this bugger of an encoder smiled on me and did work fine... for an hour ...

TBH ... I don't understand this ... and I think it's not impossible that I send back this box and the service guy just can't repeat the issue and thinks I am mad. Never had such a strange issue. Either it worked faulty or it was broken, but not this kind of "ON/OFF" or "waiting until it's pleased to be operative again".

Could it be that some of those things have a personality and their own mind? ;)
Letzte Änderung: 2 Wochen 1 Tag her von Sound Rider.

Mehr
2 Wochen 1 Tag her - 2 Wochen 1 Tag her #33 von nebulo
nebulo antwortete auf das Thema: Encoder problem with the new units.
Hey,
I'm waiting for Karsten's answers too.
I'd just like to know if i'd rather send this synth back and be reimbursed or just hope that something can be fixed ( i'm doubting more and more ) .

Our problems are so unrationnal, as Sound Rider says , it looks like you never know if it's going to work or not .
Once it starts to disfunction ( like what happened to me yesterday only trying to access the INIT function ) , rebooting the unit doesn't help at all .
Everytime , i managed to take the control back if mess with other functions and then try again what i was looking for .
Yesterday , i spent 20 minutes designing a great patch and when i tried to save it , everything went wrong and switched to Multimode , erasing what i had been doing .

This is such a shame cause this synthesizer is little gem!

I just started a new patch this morning , and now the encoder below "PMW AMOUNT" started not responding.
Very very erratic ...
Letzte Änderung: 2 Wochen 1 Tag her von nebulo.

Mehr
2 Wochen 1 Tag her #34 von Karsten
Karsten antwortete auf das Thema: Encoder problem with the new units.
@all
until today, I have not a single defective unit at my workshop for repair. I wait for receiving one, then I can inform you what to do.
What we found out until today is:
OS1.24 software seems to have an encoder bug. You can try to downgrade to OS1.22 with all Blofeld Revision. Maybe (with all brand new units built end of 2017 or later) the MIDI DIN will not work, but that is the only issue. All other Blofelds can run as normal with OS 1.22.
Our head engineer will be back from Holiday at the end of next week. Then he has the order to fix OS1.24. After fixing and beta testing, we release the new OS.

Anyway, we know that this is very annoying Situation for all customer with Encoder issue and we have to say sorry for that issue!
We detected no error with all hardware revision in the beta test last year. A lot of Blofelds are working with OS1.24, some not. Why not, we have to find out now.

Information for customer which planed to send back the Blofeld to the dealer and ask for exchange:
I can not warranty if you will receive a new working one. So it would be nice to keep the Blofeld until the new OS release. If you can detect that the unit has an hardware error after that update, you can (and should) send back the unit to the dealer. And if the dealer can/will not help you, Waldorf will help you directly!

Mehr
2 Wochen 1 Tag her #35 von nebulo
nebulo antwortete auf das Thema: Encoder problem with the new units.
Thank you Karsten for this information.
Will try the 1.22 and share my experience.
Crossing the fingers for your team to find what's going on here.

Mehr
2 Wochen 1 Tag her #36 von blofeldark
blofeldark antwortete auf das Thema: Encoder problem with the new units.
Thank you Karsten.

This is what we needed.

Kind Regards.

Moderatoren: Pablo