forum header v1

normal Encoder problem with the new units.

Mehr
3 Monate 2 Wochen her #19 von AdamK
Yes, I ve got answer in 3 minutes :D I must be the Lucky One !
"Update firmware...."
My new Blofeld has 04 Oct 2017 1.24 firmware without any update. In readme file stays that units built after august 2017 has 1.24 do not downgrade. I did twice update/refresh with spectre+1.24b frimware from the official page.
knobs below screen are connected somehow with cutoff knob. Turning keytrack knob (left below screen) causes different sensitivity to the cutoff knob. there are positions that cutoff works perfect with same speed in reactions to other knobs. After changing anything(in different menu) with knobs below screen cutoff starts to irritate.
Yes, here is hard to get new blofeld as well.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Monate 2 Wochen her #20 von blofeldark
Wow, you are very lucky indeed! hahaha

What a reply...

Mehr
3 Monate 1 Woche her #21 von Karsten
At this moment, we are searching for the reason, why the encoder in new unit are faulty. We will also check the OS1.24 again for a potentially software error.
So, please notice this:
1. If you have a brand new Blofeld, built late 2017 or 2018, do not downgrade the unit. These units need the OS1.24, OS1.22 will not work with the new internal controller IC which is now inserted in the new Blofeld.
2. You can update with all Blofelds to OS1.24
3. The different between OS1.22 and 1.24 is only the hardware IC integration, we did not ad any other features to 1.24! That means, you can update from 1.22 to 1.24 but it is not necessary.
If your dealer will/can not help you with your not normal working Blofeld, send me an email to: service at waldorfmusic dot de. It is possible that some emails got lost last week in support at waldorfmusic ... please apologize for the delay.

Mehr
3 Monate 1 Woche her #22 von Sound Rider
Thank you Karsten for this short message. I am glad to hear that notice of the problem has been taken and Waldorf is working to find a solution.

Now I have a practical question. I have my unit since one week now, brand new. I have contacted my dealer and there seems no problem to send the unit back for a replacement. There are 3 year of warranty too. ...

But ... would a replacement make sense now? If the issue is software or hardware related, this would mean that many units out there are affected too. Since some people reported to have the issue even after two replacements, wouldn't it be better for all users of new units to keep the unit until a solution is found, given that Waldorf guarantees that at the end, every owner of such an affected unit will get the corrective measures for free?

For the time beeing I personally could live on an interim timebasis with the unreliable knob and save cost sending forward/backward faulty units.

What do you think is the best way to handle this?

Mehr
3 Monate 1 Woche her #23 von Karsten
@SoundRiver
I´m sorry, but I can not answer your question at this moment, cause we have not a single defective unit. Before we can not check the issue with a defective Blofeld, we have no chance to fix anything. But please send me an email to service at waldorfmusic dot de

@Blofeldark
You wrote: "To be honest, I think that all the new units are affected. And that's why Thomann don't sell it anymore."
... no, absolutely not! Not all are affected (I would say ony some rare units) and it is not the reason why Thomann switched off the product in their online shop. Thuth is too simple, Waldorf factory could not supply Thomann right in time. They sold too much of them ;-)

Mehr
3 Monate 1 Woche her - 3 Monate 1 Woche her #24 von blofeldark
Dear Karsten.

3 Affected Units. 2 whites, 1 shadow edtion.

3 returned units from different dealers. And that's just me.

More than 7 affected customers from my country who I personally know thanks to a synthesizer group in Facebook. And more customers affected over here.
I'm sure it's not too hard to find one affected unit.

Please... don't treat us like ignorants. We have send you emails (Totally ignored, btw), we have recorded video, we have tryed to solve this problem in a good way and even with 3 units returned, we still believe in your capacity to fix the issue and keep our defective unit in our studios because we think that it deserves it.

But these replies... please.
Letzte Änderung: 3 Monate 1 Woche her von blofeldark.

Moderatoren: Pablo