Importing .fxp gives strange results

Mehr
7 Jahre 9 Monate her - 7 Jahre 9 Monate her #1 von madtheory
I am using a Mac with Mavericks. I want to load in some patches from an old tune made in Cubase VST 5. In Reaper the plugin will recognise and import the old VST presets in .fxp format but the result is strange. All presets have arppegiator on, and lots of modulation. So it doesn't sound like the original patch.

I have attached a zipped folder with these patches.

Is this a known problem?
Anhänge:
Letzte Änderung: 7 Jahre 9 Monate her von madtheory.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #2 von Big Gnome
I'm an AU guy, so I don't think I'm entirely in a position to test your issue, but I was able to successfully import each patch into 3V with no surprises.

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #3 von madtheory
Thank you very much, that's really a great help. Re assuring that it works. Must be operator error on my end!

I just tried the AU version and couldn't find the import option. It's even worse in AAX, I can't even find the load menu. Looks like I need to spend more time with the User Manual. They each have different menus to the VST version.

Is it also possible to load these sounds into Wave 3.V?

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #4 von Big Gnome

I just tried the AU version and couldn't find the import option. It's even worse in AAX, I can't even find the load menu. Looks like I need to spend more time with the User Manual. They each have different menus to the VST version.

Indeed. I find the interface kind of obtuse myself.

Is it also possible to load these sounds into Wave 3.V?

Yes it is. I liked the choir patch, by the way. :)
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: madtheory

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #5 von madtheory
Ah yes, choirs, can't get enough ;)

I think most of those patches are tweaks from the bundled library. I wanted a choir like the one T. Dolby used on the soundtrack for Gothic (great music, terrible film). IIRC that took a while, it's a nice sound, enjoy :)

Still struggling with the interface in AAX. Shift+ click to load, but doesn't recognise .fxp patches :( Would be cool to get them into 3.V... I'll figure it out eventually...

Mehr
7 Jahre 8 Monate her #6 von madtheory
So, I can get the patches into 3.V but they don't sound the same, even after setting them to 2.V and Tru PPG (which I always used). The choir especially- no good.

And I still can't figure out how to load anything into AAX version of 2.V. :(