STVC issues/bugs remaining in FW v1.30

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Tag her #1 von Wölfl
Hi all,

Thought I'd start another thread to collect the remaining known issues/bugs in STVC firmware v1.30.

Two issues that I have found and that are still present in v1.30:

1. Mic LED does not turn on automatically (you need to go to settings and turn the Mic Power OFF/ON for the LED to light up)

2. When playing octaves, they are too loud, which is not how StreichFett behaves, and neither did the old analog string machines etc. that had 12 oscillators for 12 notes of an octave, and created octaves of these by divide-down circuitry or something like that... Anyway playing together e.g. C3 and C4 should NOT be louder than playing C3 and C#3. I will try to make a demo recording of this and upload it somewhere as soon as I catch a moment to do it...

Cheers,
W.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Tag her #2 von Qwave
When you play an octave on a divide down string keyboard, the fixed phases of the waveshapes cause adding up in amplitude perfectly every cycle. If you play two notes in a not so easy frequency ratio, the adding up is only happening now and then, causing a lower output summ of these intervals relativ to octaves.

Mehr
1 Jahr 1 Tag her #3 von Wölfl
Thanks for your reply. Yeah, that does make sense, though I was under the impression that this worked a bit differently on StreichFett. However I can't do a comparison right away as I lent my StreichFett to a friend who's ~700Km away from me. I will do this comparison when I visit him in a month or so...

The Mic LED bug however still remains... I guess that shouldn't be too hard to fix, right?