Firmware update and factory sounds restore

Mehr
6 Jahre 3 Monate her #1 von cdswift
The firmware update was very easy using Spectre. However, updating the firmware wipes the factory sounds. Furthermore, on my machine, it seemed to make all of the program memories dysfunctional with the exception of number 5.

I thought, no problem, I will restore the factory sound set. I tried this many times using Spectre and Midi-Ox with no success. In frustration, I converted the Factory Soundset mid file to ascii text. Guess what - there is no sysx in this mid file that will restore the sounds. I'm not sure what it is supposed to do, but it doesn't do it.

So, I started to worry that I had bricked my Streicfett. Then I read some old update instructions and it said to restore the factory sounds, power on with Program buttons 1, 2 and 3 held down. I did this and now I have sounds in all the program slots. However, I still do not think I have the originals. In fact several adjacent programs are identical.

So my appeal is this - canm Waldorf supply the default soundset as a midi file containing 12 sysx commands, 1 for each program. Alternatively, are there any users out there who sensibly dumped there default soundset before upgrading and are prepared to send me the file?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her - 2 Jahre 2 Monate her #2 von mike.mikeludwig@gmail.com
This thread is ancient but I just got a brand new Streichfett (which I love) and spent the better part of a day getting the patches to save, load, and restore to factory sounds.
MAKE SURE you have latest firmware FIRST;
I couldn't get Spectre to load sounds; I recommend doing everything with MIDI-OX. Just use Spectre to load firmware (which it does great).
I attached the factory sounds .syx file (read on, I will tell you the best way to handle and create these files).

Here it is (SAVE .syx file, factory or your own):
This will save any data in your Streichfett's MEMORY, to a file.
Install and open MIDI-OX;
Clear any text in main window;
Options - MIDI devices;
Select Streichfett in both windows, click OK;
Options - Pass SysEx (make sure it's checked);
View - sysex...;
In popup window, choose Sysex - Receive Manual Dump;
Popup window is waiting for data; go to your Streichfett, press all 4 memory buttons, then press Ensemble at the same time.
Watch as MIDI-OX works its magic and saves your unique patches;
Click Done (leave popup window open);
From the 'SysEx View and Scratchpad' window, click Display Window - Save as...;
Give the file a name, keeping the default extension name;
Close MIDI-OX;
Your patches are now saved to a file.

LOAD .syx file onto the Streichfett, and restore sounds (factory or your own) with MIDI-OX (I couldn't get Spectre to work so just forget it):
Open MIDI-OX;
Options - MIDI devices;
Select Streichfett in both windows (if not already), click OK;
From main toolbar, click Actions - Send - SysEx file;
In Windows explorer's popup window, browse to your .syx file (which will load all of your saved programs).
Watch MIDI-OX as it transfers your precious sounds!
Close MIDI-OX;
Your patches are now on the Streichfett's Memory buttons.

I recommend practicing a few times: mess up all your patches and save the ugly versions, then do a factory restore. You will see how fast it is once you know how to do it. Then make 12 of your own patches and save them, do a factory restore, then re-load your own patches.

One last note: Waldorf recommends pressing the first 3 Memory buttons and rebooting the device to restore factory sounds. While this works EVENTUALLY, most of the time you are left with duplicate patches on some of the Banks and missing some patches. It's a lot easier to save the file I uploaded and use that instead.
Anhänge:
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 2 Monate her von mike.mikeludwig@gmail.com.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her - 2 Jahre 2 Monate her #3 von mike.mikeludwig@gmail.com
UPDATE: Thanks to Waldorf, they have uploaded/updated the attached .zip file "Waldorf Streichfett Factory Soundset" on their site. It is the current factory sound set. Good news: it is not the same file/patches you get when dumping sounds from the device (first 3 memory buttons + power on device, my above attached .syx file). Now you have about 24 unique factory patches (1 or 2 might be the same or similar) between both files. Be sure to clear your computer's cache first (I was still receiving the old file until I did this). Now Spectre will work for the .mid file (from the Streichfett support page). My .syx file should still be loaded with MIDI-OX. Be sure not to have MIDI-OX and Spectre open at the same time; you will not transmit data in this case.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Jahre 2 Monate her von mike.mikeludwig@gmail.com.