Feedback from other kernels?

Mehr
8 Monate 1 Woche her #1 von dcardani
I'm playing around with kernel mode, translating some ancient DX7 patches. One thing I notice is that feedback only seems to apply to the kernel it's set on. However, some sounds from the DX use feedback between 2 different kernels. For example algorithms 4 and 6 on the DX7 route the output of kernel 4 or 5 into the input of kernel 6 in addition to sending them to the audio output. Is this possible to do on the Quantum? I could probably set one of kernel 6's mod sources to be kernel 4 or 5, but then I couldn't control the amount fed back into kernel 6 doing that. It would always be the same as whatever the level was in kernel 4 or 5. Am I missing something, or is this just not something that's supported?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
8 Monate 1 Woche her - 8 Monate 1 Woche her #2 von paulinwales
yep, it's not supported - this has been brought up a few times and there are feature requests in for it (I lodged one back in december 2019).

At the outset Rolf did make it clear that this was not a 1:1 dx7 emulation mode.  This is what Rolf said back in May 2020 on the gearspace quantum thread: "Many features of the  DX7  translate well to the kernel osc but not all. We haven't tried to model it, but we found it's fun and useful as a starting point for sound design to load some old syx files."
Letzte Änderung: 8 Monate 1 Woche her von paulinwales.

Mehr
8 Monate 1 Woche her #3 von dcardani
OK, cool. Thanks for the confirmation!