Quantum - VST Plugin

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Wochen her #1 von lvbeethoven
Quantum - VST Plugin wurde erstellt von lvbeethoven
Hello,
Thank you for creating the forum.
I wanted to know if, like many other devices (Arturia Polybrute, Sequential pro 3, Prophet 6…) a Quantum plugin exists?
This type of plugin automates several functions of a device through a DAW. (Ableton, Cubase ...)
If such a solution does not exist, do you know if Waldorf is considering it?
Is there, maybe a solution to control the device from a DAW?
NB: I am on Ableton. If I find alternative solutions on my side, I would share them here
Thank you for your attention.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Wochen her #2 von paulinwales
No plugin - you can control it from a DAW with cc's and the mod matrix, or cc's and setting up midi learn for the vast majority of parameters.

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Wochen her - 2 Monate 3 Wochen her #3 von lvbeethoven
Thank you for that answer.

An additional plugin would be really interesting:
Automation of Quantum functions.

On the side of Max for Live, (a software which allows in part, to supplement Abelton Live)
Some extensions allow you to control some Waldorf systems (Q, Pulse, Blofeld...) , but not the Quantum.

Max for Live Devices : Waldorf
Letzte Änderung: 2 Monate 3 Wochen her von lvbeethoven.

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Wochen her - 2 Monate 3 Wochen her #4 von paulinwales
quantum has literally thousands of parameters per patch, it doesn't have a sysex control layer and the CCs aren't pre-mapped (they could only cover a tiny percentage of arbitrary parameters even if they were)  - there's no mechanism for an external editor to use.

That has never been an issue for me given the high resolution touch screen, physical interface and the ease of mapping the desired parameters to CCs. It's an entirely different animal to the synths you mentioned.
Letzte Änderung: 2 Monate 3 Wochen her von paulinwales.

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Wochen her - 2 Monate 3 Wochen her #5 von lvbeethoven
Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, you are right, the MIDI controllers are fully adjustable.
In my DAW, I have 120 possible midi controls that I can assign from (MIDI Learn CC) the Quantum. Great, I tested, it works very well!

The only thing is that I can't rename the controllers in the DAW (ableton). Nothing to do with the Quantum.
I'll see if I find a solution.

Awesome, super happy!
Letzte Änderung: 2 Monate 3 Wochen her von lvbeethoven.

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Wochen her #6 von paulinwales
I guess you'd need a plugin or M4L device sat in the middle which exposes host automation to the DAW using the labels you wanted, mapped to the ccs you wanted in that plugin/m4l device.

Just tried audioaire's zenith on to see if that did it, but that keeps the original knob names.

Let me know if you find anything - that would be really useful!