Sound spikes

Mehr
1 Monat 1 Woche her #13 von Zaneee
Zaneee antwortete auf Sound spikes
Hi skaai
Thanks for the info. There's a tread on waldorfs flyspray FS#781 which documents the sound burst problem over a two year period.
I have been discussing this issue with the author.
It would be great if you could share your experience with this problem on that thread. A fresh perspective could be very helpful.
Thanks Darren

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Monat 5 Tage her #14 von Digalev
Digalev antwortete auf Sound spikes
Hey, Hey Zanee,
Thanks for taking this issue on. My deal is the same but now I am getting the opposite; volume drop-outs when tweaking a patch or changing an oscillator. No recovery until a re-boot. This is not too cool on stage. I did send in a support log. TBD. I love the creation ability of this machine but for live...hum, might just stick with the Prophet X. I'll keep trying and watch this post. Thanks

Digalev

Mehr
1 Monat 5 Tage her #15 von Zaneee
Hi Digalev.
Thanks for your help. Any information is greatly appreciated.
All information about the sound spikes if been sending to Rolf. There is a thread on waldorfs flyspray documenting the sound spikes over a two year period.
Rolf has since replyed saying he is working on the sound spikes issue.
But I think I will contact him periodically for updates.
Sorry to hear about your sound drop out issues. Let hope Rolf and his team iron out all these bugs soon.
As the quantum is otherwise a fantastic synthesizer.
Thanks Darren

Mehr
1 Monat 4 Tage her #16 von skaai
skaai antwortete auf Sound spikes
Hello Zanee
Another noiseburst Waldorf Quantum by MeX (Subtitles) on youtube +- 9:44

?Helpfull comment from support on noisebursts to me from LS
Lukas Schütte

Hello Nskaai,
I've investigated your issue and I could track down one thing which can cause noise bursts.
It seems to me that you're really trying to maximize the volume or loundness on Quantum patches. This

might actually be the cause of noise bursts. Quantum's internal signal path has some headroom, but it is

possible to cause internal clipping which results in noise bursts. Two weeks ago I had a support inquiry where

someone intentionally caused internal clipping which caused noise bursts, but apart from this and your

inquiry, I havent heard about noise bursts for a long time.
Load a patch which is known to you to cause bursts. Press the Layer button on Quantum. Set the Gain value to

zero and Vol to -6dB or even lower. Save the patch and retry. If the error is still present, please proceed as

following: Turn each of the Osc Mix down for a bit. Remove all modulations connected with volume

(destinations volume, Osc 1/2/3 mix etc) Make sure the Digital Former is not set to Gain or Overdrive.

Remove any instances of Drive and Compressor from the FX and turn the Compress knob to zero. Save the

patch and retry. If the sound doesn't produce noise bursts any more, at least one of the parameters above has

pushed the volume too much so the signal path had been clipping internally.
29.04.2020 09:48 - KW 18

Mehr
1 Monat 4 Tage her #17 von Zaneee
Hi skaai. Thanks again for your info I really appreciate it.
Will post this on the flyspray website and see what the other users think.
Will also forward it to Rolf.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
Keep in touch.
Darren

Mehr
1 Monat 4 Tage her #18 von paulinwales
paulinwales antwortete auf Sound spikes
That MeX video was posted on flyspray back in 2019.