Issues - Waldorf Support not responding

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #1 von corkyburger
A couple of things. I had two quite significant issues with my Quantum, one being the LOUD noise spikes that happen under different circumstances, and the other being a patch clearly overloading the CPU and sounding like a plugin on a computer that can't handle it. The result, glitching and clicks. I followed the instructions to not post here and instead send directly to Waldorf, and got a response to the latter with some questions to verify a few things. I answered these and offered to send over an audio example, but received no reply. I followed up shortly after and I still haven't had a response.

Not sure what to do next? Out of interest is anyone else experiencing either of these issues. I know the LOUD noise spikes were common on the previous OS, but I thought they had been fixed - this seems not to be the case. Until this issue is fixed I won't risk wearing headphones with the Quantum, it really is too risky for the ears.

Has anyone else noticed weird random bit rate reduction happens sometimes?

Its a really great synth, but its a shame about the bugs and lack of support. The noise spike issue seems like a legal case waiting to happen when someone loses their hearing.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #2 von RhythMusikus
I can confirm your issues. With my Quantum this was hugely improved after it went back to Waldorf during warranty for a number of other quirks, too, as well as for a creaking keybed. Everything was solved. The immensely loud noise spikes ruined various sessions before, after it happened once in a period of intense daily use for hours over weeks with a lot of patch creation and tweaking and just for a extremely short time - not like before. The only other issue I had were one (or two?) screen blackouts / total lockups of the Quantum. I can live with it, since I mostly design sounds alone. However in a live setting with other musicians this would be a serious matter.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #3 von corkyburger
Thanks Ryhtmusikas. Glad you got yours sorted.
Luckily I also work alone but I still fear for my ears!

I'll have to try chasing Waldorf again and see if they can fix these issues. Like I said, its a fantastic synth, a real sound design dream, but it is still a bit buggy.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #4 von RhythMusikus
Addendum: Support has been very responsive with me - however this was not in the deep of Covid measures. Could be they have issues due to illnesses or reduced work hours. I notice that there are much less forum replies by Waldorf now than before up to approx. march 2020.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #5 von RhythMusikus
How about contacting your national Waldorf dealer? It worked wonders here in Switzerland. I bought mine through a national dealer and after that I stood in contact with them as well as with the general importer of Waldorf synths and with Waldorf support directly. Hope this helps.