Safe Stand

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #7 von Lukas.S
Lukas.S antwortete auf Safe Stand

The problem seems to be the use of ‘friction screws’ to clamp the platform that holds the Quantum in place - they simply slip over time.

This is actually not a problem. These screws just need to be properly tightened once and then they won't slip. No special tools required, this can be done by hand. Once the height is set, the arms can easily be unhooked for easy transportation on both models.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #8 von Nami Hyo
Nami Hyo antwortete auf Safe Stand
I can assure you, as an avid gym goer, and Japanese swordsman (we have forearm muscles second only to rock climbers...or maybe single computer nerdy males), I tightened the screws as far as possible without stripping the tread. With this type of stand, the whole weight of the 40KG Quantum is held by the friction of the tiny surface area of a rounded screw head against a piece of smooth steel. A dimple in that steel or a hole through which the screw can pass, would make it more stable. Perhaps I can do that myself....

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #9 von Lukas.S
Lukas.S antwortete auf Safe Stand
Quantum does not weigh 40kg. It's just about 18kg.

Furthermore, the friction area of these stands is way larger than the screw itself. The screw tightens a clamp which then grips onto the rail.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #10 von Nami Hyo
Nami Hyo antwortete auf Safe Stand
I’m afraid I’m guilty of over-feeding my Quantum and don’t exercise him as much as I should and he’s therefore considerably over-weight...it’s how I show my love for him and I have ‘feeder’ tendencies. I’m working on these issues...

I stick to my four legged stand, until he loses his extra kilograms...although with Easter coming up, and tasty looking chocolate eggs readily available.....that could be some time.