Safe Stand

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #1 von Nami Hyo
Safe Stand wurde erstellt von Nami Hyo
The Quantum is enormously heavy. Thus I chose to buy a ‘V’ type ‘Ultimate Support’ stand who’s spec said it could hold the 40kg mass of the Quantum and I put my STVC on the upper tier...it looked great! Then I started playing on it, gently and the supporting arms started to slide down toward the ground, lucky evenly so it didn’t tip over. I hurriedly dashed to get my ugly but stable ‘four legs at each corner stand’ positioned close by and heaved Quantum onto it!!! Phew!

What type of stand do you entrust your Quantum?

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #2 von RhythMusikus
RhythMusikus antwortete auf Safe Stand
I alternate between a Roland z-stand and K&M 18810 plus 2nd tier 18811 keyboard table. Both are super sturdy, the K&M a bit more so than the Roland.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #3 von Nami Hyo
Nami Hyo antwortete auf Safe Stand
You say the K&M is sturdier than the Roland? Roland looks cooler!

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #4 von Lukas.S
Lukas.S antwortete auf Safe Stand
We use stands from the manufaturer Stay. The Piano model is very sturdy and it's our definite recommendation for Quantum or other heavy synthesizers and pianos.

The Ultimate Apex stand cannot be recommended. It's not as stable as the Stay model.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #5 von Nami Hyo
Nami Hyo antwortete auf Safe Stand
The problem seems to be the use of ‘friction screws’ to clamp the platform that holds the Quantum in place - they simply slip over time.I think the safest thing is a hole through which the screws pass making it impossible to slip, although restricting the range of possible heights achievable.

Mehr
2 Jahre 5 Monate her #6 von Qwave
Qwave antwortete auf Safe Stand
I am using the K&M #18950 plus 2nd tier #18952 here for my Quantum and STVC combo. And I have a note desk attached (K&M parts #18954, #18817 and #18805) for some other small pieces of gear.
I can use full force aftertouch on the Quantum without the whole stand moving. If it moved, it is time for duck and cover due to an earthquake.