Deleting patches & associated samples / Exporting patches & associated samples

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Wochen her #1 von audiosampling
Hello everyone,

New to the Quantum here. Is there a way to clean the memory from patches and samples that one doesn't plan to use (the factory presets is a really mixed bag of sounds) - e.g. deleting a patch and the samples that are used by that patch, if not used by any other patch.

Also, exporting a patch won't save its associated samples. How do you manage to save both your patches and samples, in case you want to share your data with someone else, or if you reload your patch later on, but sample contents in your Quantum have changed?

Bonus question : how does one wipe all contents of the quantum at once, presets and samples?

Thanks!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #2 von PMThomas
I have the same question. Just purchased a Quantum but looking to clean up the internal memory so I can import more samples.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #3 von corkyburger
I'd really love some advice on this too. I have already managed to fill up the internal memory. I went in to the sample directory and managed to delete all samples for the factory presets, but I have a feeling I'm going to fill up the memory very quickly, and will need some way of managing my sound library so I can export and archive patches I'm not currently using, to free up space for new patches and associated samples.

Until the team implement a way to use an external drive for storing samples anyway!

I do a lot of work with my own field recordings and actually hadn't registered how small the internal memory was. The Quantum is a sound designers dream, so I hope the sample storage management is improved.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #4 von Lukas.S
From OS 2.0 and onwards, samples can now be read from USB drives, that includes thumb and disk drives. Also, samples will be automatically imported and exported together with the patches.

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #5 von corkyburger
Thanks Lukas. Could you describe the best way to work with samples using the new functionality?

Currently my internal memory is full up. Should I clear space in my internal memory and then is it possible to load from USB drives only those samples for the patch you are loading?

I'm not sure how this works. Will a patch be able to access the samples from a USB drive when loaded, instead of storing in internal memory?

Thanks

Mehr
2 Jahre 2 Monate her #6 von Lukas.S
Not quite. Quantum allows USB drives to be used like an SD card. You still need to import your patches from USB or SD into the internal memory before you can use them in a patch.

So it's better to leave the samples in memory that you need at the moment.

Maybe you can cut down the amount of samples that you need? It might sound a bit far-fetched of course, but world hits have been composed on the Fairlight with just a few kilobytes of samples. :) Remember that you can do a lot with just a single sample, so I'd suggest you to get the most out of what you have on your Quantum.