Feature Requests....

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #37 von Qwave
Qwave antwortete auf Feature Requests....

SandyS1 schrieb: Sound design feature request:

The choices on the envelope curves are nice, but it would be even better if there were control over the slope of the exponential curve. It doesn't bother me much on decay, but on the attack, I frequently don't want something as slow as a linear slope, but the exponential slope rises too quickly to maximum and stays there. Even if it's just another option between EXP and LIN would be great. I can kinda do it with the Komplex modulator, but something like the slope control on the DeepMind's envelopes is more what I had in mind. I tend to use the Komplex modulator for more esoteric things.

@SandyS1
You can always use the mod matrix to modulate an envelope parameter like the attack by the envelope itself. This gives you all shapes from super exponential (negativ self modulation) to super RC like. Of cause, you have to adjust the envelope time to give the right timing with the modulation. I rather adjust the timing by another modulation slot using Constant Modulation Value. This way I can check the timing and slope caracter by turning off both modulations in the modulation matrix without changing the envelope parameter.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #38 von rolfw
rolfw antwortete auf Feature Requests....
Hi,

just like to say hello and big thanks for all the feature requests!

I like to mention that the fact that we don't post or replay here so much does not mean we do not read your posts. We read them with great interest. Some ideas we already know or had ourselves, some others are really new and inspiring.

We cannot promise anything, but the latest update activities and the upcoming 1.3.0 (not to speak about 2.0 which will take still some time) shows hopefully that we have a strong commitment for Quantum and its users.

Having said this, please continue to put new feature requests in here. Always welcome!

Best
Rolf
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: holografique, Synthfox

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her - 1 Jahr 7 Monate her #39 von ??
?? antwortete auf Feature Requests....
First of all I want to thank everyone involved in the development and production of the qauntum - it never ceases to inspire and show you new facettes and possibilities of sound creation.

Here are a few requests, that could maybe add to this:

Being able to open and select between the additional display menu parameters (normal, fine, superfine etc.) by pressing the respective display encoder.

Being able to import sample folders with sub folders at once.

Of lower priority:

A 'night mode' that sets the display and LED brightness to 0.

After 3 hours of active use, a reminder that the world outside of the quantum still exists. :lol:
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 7 Monate her von ??.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: lgaab@comcast.net

Mehr
1 Jahr 6 Monate her #40 von lft303
lft303 antwortete auf Feature Requests....
Hi thanks Team Waldorf for a wonderful instrument!

Couple requests here:
1. A way to assign parameters from the Mod Matrix without scrolling - so similar functionality to the actual Mod button, but active from the matrix itself, and applicable to either the Source or Destination. This could be accomplished when on the Matrix screen by either:
- holding/clicking down the Source selector and moving a knob to select the desired mod source
- holding/clicking down the Destination selector and moving a knob to select the desired mod destination
This would allow users to more efficiently assign Sources/Destinations as they move through each slot.

2. Currently MIDI CC assignments appear to be limited to knobs on the front of the board - are there plans to open assignments up to the rest of the Parameters? (for example, assign CCs for LFOs 4-6 or Envelopes 4-6, thus allowing all 6 LFOs or Envelopes to be accessible via combination of the Quantum interface + an external controller)

Thanks again!

Mehr
1 Jahr 6 Monate her #41 von trancentral
if waldorf could just take inspiration ( copy) how the vsynth handles sample management/editing that would be great! also, being able to just play in realtime to program the step modulator would be amazing ( again. like the vsynth did). they are the only things i miss really.

Mehr
1 Jahr 6 Monate her #42 von lgaab@comcast.net
It would be helpful if you could describe, in steps, how the vsynth sample management/editing scheme is laid out. First hit the _______ button, next
select the ______, etc......

That would be a great way to get the idea quickly to the Quantum designers.

thanks for the helpful suggestion. Definitely need a better way to manage samples as the Quantum's main attraction to me was in sound design and sample manipulation onboard.