Feature Requests....

Mehr
1 Jahr 8 Monate her #31 von paulshillito
Longer portamento/glide time of up to 10 seconds rather than the 2 seconds at the moment

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Jahr 8 Monate her #32 von lgaab@comcast.net

SandyS1 schrieb: I would like a better UI around saving a patch. A few things that would help:

1. Touching outside of the keyboard should be the same as pressing [<- Return].
2. A warning flash or something if you hit Save and something required isn't set, like the location.
3. A different flash or message to let you know the patch was successfully saved.
4. A snapshot feature that saves your current edits to a temporary location, preferably one that can be recalled like commits in version control.
5. Even better, autosave work to a temporary location in case of power outage or user error. Maybe 10 autosave and 10 snapshot slots so there is a good history but the disk space isn't filled up with versioning files (though that would be a great way to save a little space on the snapshot/autosave feature).

I lost about an hour of work last night because when I thought I had saved a patch and navigated to a different one, I apparently hadn't and lost the entire thing.

Bravo!! I am surprised more people haven't commented more strongly about the SAVE and (i would add) LOAD scheme on the Quantum. It is not ergonomic, can be very frustrating and disappointing when what you want SAVED especially goes down some deep cave. I think the problem is that it is cumbersome and not logical or ergonomic. I realize that the Quantum is a tremendously complicated synth and applaud Waldorf for it brave endeavor. This is just a helpful comment that has not received enough emphasis. Maybe Waldorf is working with great effort to improve the SAVE and Load schemes as I speak.

Many thanks for emphasizing this "basic" undeveloped aspect of this fantastic synthesizer. When I get a new synth (since 1987) the first thing I want to learn is how to Save and how to Load a patch. The Quantum is a sound designer's dream machine and I am surprised that a feature that would be used very often by the likely group out there has been undeveloped as it is. This Save issue is top on my list of things to improve, but almost tied with the poor responsiveness of the display ( perhaps depending on the screen action where a hardware knob could more capably do the job more handily).

Mehr
1 Jahr 8 Monate her #33 von Deva
Deva antwortete auf Feature Requests....

SandyS1 schrieb: I would like a better UI around saving a patch. A few things that would help:

1. Touching outside of the keyboard should be the same as pressing [<- Return].
2. A warning flash or something if you hit Save and something required isn't set, like the location.
3. A different flash or message to let you know the patch was successfully saved.
4. A snapshot feature that saves your current edits to a temporary location, preferably one that can be recalled like commits in version control.
5. Even better, autosave work to a temporary location in case of power outage or user error. Maybe 10 autosave and 10 snapshot slots so there is a good history but the disk space isn't filled up with versioning files (though that would be a great way to save a little space on the snapshot/autosave feature).

I lost about an hour of work last night because when I thought I had saved a patch and navigated to a different one, I apparently hadn't and lost the entire thing.

1- I like that one has to hit return, then you don't leave the dialog my mistake. But I can also see why you want it.
2- A warning when a patch has not been saved (and maybe why)
3- I don't need a message saying the patch was saved if #2 is implemented
4- Snapshot feature would be cool. I like being able to save a few variations and recall them as part of a single patch.
5- Don't need autosave... seems unnecessary to me

Mehr
1 Jahr 8 Monate her #34 von SandyS1
SandyS1 antwortete auf Feature Requests....
Sound design feature request:

The choices on the envelope curves are nice, but it would be even better if there were control over the slope of the exponential curve. It doesn't bother me much on decay, but on the attack, I frequently don't want something as slow as a linear slope, but the exponential slope rises too quickly to maximum and stays there. Even if it's just another option between EXP and LIN would be great. I can kinda do it with the Komplex modulator, but something like the slope control on the DeepMind's envelopes is more what I had in mind. I tend to use the Komplex modulator for more esoteric things.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: vvilms

Mehr
1 Jahr 8 Monate her - 1 Jahr 8 Monate her #35 von intuitionnyc
Hello. I just received my Quantum a few days ago and have had a little time to play with it. Fantastic instrument.
I noticed a few things I wanted to bring to your attention. MY DEEPEST APOLOGIES if there is already a solution. I assure you I have read the manual. Some things I may have overlooked though.

1) I am echoing a previous request to visually show the modulations that are occurring on the screen. For example, the wavetable position, waveform changes and effects on filter. This would be MOST helpful.

2) On my Quantum, when I select the attack of the grain in granular particle mode, I can adjust with the virtual slider. However, when I tap on the decay setting, it sets the attack to zero. It is very difficult to get out of the attack/decay sliders once they are activated.

3) Wavetable Position Travel Attenuation - I apologize if this is already in effect, but I would love for some attenuation over the Wavetable travel. Right now, it seems that when you use wavetable position travel, the position cycles through the entire wavetable. I would love to be able to attenuate this so that you can attenuate the travel distance to a small portion of a specific wavetable. Right now, to do this, I use an LFO or other modulation source to control WT position and just attenuate amount. This is fine, but I would like to see something built-in to the Wavetable engine section if possible.

4) Sequencer or Arpeggiator Glide - Right now, I don't think the sequencer steps or arpeggiator steps are affected when glide is turned on.

5) Somebody else mentioned a manual cycle through the steps of the sequencer. That mode would be AWESOME!!!

6) Also, is there a way the LFO's and other modulation sources can run in "free mode" or are they always retriggered with a new key press?

Thank you so much for listening. I am looking forward to further updates for this already amazing product.
Letzte Änderung: 1 Jahr 8 Monate her von intuitionnyc.

Mehr
1 Jahr 7 Monate her #36 von relicz3k
Basic Audio editing features for recorded audio. Normalization, Truncation (or some preset algorithm that makes recorded audio ideal for Wavetable import such as length in seconds and volume).

Ability to turn off the 'welcome' message on power up.

More polyphony by bypassing the analog filter.

A full featured dual Wavetable mode (oscillator) by not using the other 2 oscillators if CPU is an issue. I haven't had a chance to see the new beta so perhaps this is covered there.

UI change to allow quicker or better access to the step sequencer, and more automation.