Stereo filter

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #1 von prophei
Stereo filter wurde erstellt von prophei
I know that it has been said many times that the only analog filter configuration is mono. I am curious if there is any possibility to make them function in stereo, even if the voice count were dropped to 4. This is obviously a feature request, as I know it doesn't do this now.

Thanks!

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #2 von roberth909
roberth909 antwortete auf Stereo filter
I know, I would seriously consider getting a Quantum over something like a Prophet X if there was a true stereo filter mode, it's really a tragic architectural oversight, for something with such powerful stereo oscillators. Maybe there will be a Quantum 2 with those filters? It's probably too late for this first Quantum.

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #3 von prophei
prophei antwortete auf Stereo filter
To be honest, the Quantum is amazing as it is, and in my opinion, waaaaaay more interesting and powerful than the PX. I have both here, and there is no comparison. Given the way you can do routings, there are plenty of ways to keep the stereo of the osc's in the process of making sounds. you have digital stereo filter options, and different kinds of mix/routing options that give you the analog and the stereo image. Is it a weird thing they did there? Yes. Is it something that would EVER make me get a PX instead, not in a lifetime. The PX has nothing on this at all.

I am more bothered by things that they can easily fix or update, so I feel pretty good about the synth. Seriously, don't think for a second that the PX is better cause of this. Just my opinion, of course :)

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #4 von Lukas.S
Lukas.S antwortete auf Stereo filter
A possible workaround is to make a layered sound with two times the same layer. First layer routed to 100% Stereo L and the other to R. Then you have stereo filtering.

Mehr
3 Jahre 4 Monate her #5 von prophei
prophei antwortete auf Stereo filter
That's an interesting approach... I'll need to try that. Thanks!

Mehr
3 Jahre 3 Monate her #6 von Weston Underwood
Just route much of your audio through the analogue filters for the sound, then send a portion direct to the digital filter (maybe 30%) where stereo is preserved. This is plenty to trick the ears into thinking the whole sound is stereo and yet keep the quality of the sound. Do I wish it was true stereo? yes, does this workaround do a good job? yes, does the lack of true stereo represent a reason not to own one? no!