Any information about development roadmap?

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #1 von Roonan
Hi,

Is there information available about planned changes or new features? It’s already great, but there is still room for improvement to make it awesome. For instance: I would like to be able to indepently route each oscillator or each filter (whichever is last in chain before going to efx) to one of the efx (so being able to skip efx in chain). This way routing would be so much more flexibel opening almost endless new possibilities. Additional full independent routing of efx slots would be even better. Perhaps this is a lot to ask, but it would be awesome. If I’m not mistaken the Deepmind already has routable efx.

Ronald

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #2 von Lukas.S
The changes are described at the firmware download section of our home page.

We have too many feature requests on our list, it's not really possible to publish all of them. There are a lot of things being worked on. You can get notified when there's a new update available, then the new changes will be written down on the OS download page.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Roonan

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #3 von Roonan
Hi Lukas,

Thanks for your answer. Much appreciated!

I understand it's difficult to present a list, but can you give us some idea (outline) of what to expect?
The most important thing for me would be the ability to do more elaborate routing of OSC's and filters to EFX.
Is this something you are working on or have plans for, or is this simply not possible due to architecture constraints.
I guess a lot of users (like me) are more or less technical people and we love to know more about technical details and possibilities.
That being said I think the current state is already an impressive achievement already!

Thanks, Ronald.

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #4 von Lukas.S
The current architecture does not allow for the FX to be rearranged or routed individually. We try to come up with a solution, but we can't make a promise here.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Roonan

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #5 von Roonan
Hi Lukas,

Thanks again for the quick answer.

I totally understand that certain design decisions can make changes difficult in future (unforeseen) situations.
I have a software company and we have to deal with this incidentally. It's not to bad since we decided to keep our platform open and modular so we are flexible, but even then you run into architecture constraints now and then.

So good luck to the team working on the Quantum and keep up the good work!

Ronald.

Mehr
3 Jahre 5 Monate her #6 von Weston Underwood
Lukas, can I just say thanks to the whole Quantum team, the synth is a work of art and an incredible audio tool. I had my worries while I waited but it has been totally worthwhile. I've also been hugely impressed by the after care service that Waldorf and you have shown. Keep up the good work! It has the potential to be one of the best synths ever. Best wishes.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Lukas.S