USB connections (both) cause problems

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #1 von Roonan
Hi,

I had all kind of hang-ups and high pitched noises will using both USB connectors. For instance everytimr my imac goes to sleep the Quantum get stuck. I also tried an external USB controller which gave me same kind of behavior. Hang-ups and high pitched noises.Could be settings related since all inputs and outputs are on by default.

Ronald

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #2 von SteveElbows
I think it might be caused by some internal midi loopback issues. I was going to report issues with using USB Host post, eg with Linnstrument, Roli etc, especially if I touch the built in Quantum keyboard and mod & pitch wheels at the same time as using one of these controllers. But I just tried switching various inputs and outputs that I wasn't using off, and selecting midi ports for the outputs that are different to the midi input ports, and now my problems seem to have gone away.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: Roonan

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #3 von Roonan
I have the same idea. I turned everything of what I wasn't using and it seemed less of a problem.
Still not completely stable though, but I guess nothing that can't be fixed.

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #4 von rob_lee
I just had a white screen with my Quantum.. it happened when I was adjusting the delay FX on screen and had it connected via USB, I have also been getting deafening white noise and glitch at random. Any of you get this? The white screen was most terrifying tho.
I don't seem to get hangups or noise issues when I have just headphones in the rear of Quantum only when USB is active.

Rob

Mehr
3 Jahre 5 Monate her #5 von Finnman
Hi!

I tried to connect my Waldorf Quantum to a PC for the first time this weekend. Was playing around stand alone before and everything seemed to work fine. But connecting to a PC with USB has caused an enormous amount of problems, rendering this board useless in my studio. The screen turns laggy, switching sounds is slow, there are 2 second pauses in screen updates every 3 seconds, sounds tend to glitch with strange artefacts... Sometimes I just get a stuck high pitched sound and everything freezes. By turning my computer off or removing the USB to computer cable helps by turning everything back to normal. So what is going on here? I've tried multiple USB cords, USB ports on my computer, even another computer (tried to connect it to a Macbook Pro, which made everything sound even more glitchy).

I'm gonna try the different MIDI ports -solution today when I get back to my studio, hope it helps. But this is a major bug, or my Quantum is broken. I'm interested to hear if there are more users experiencing the same problem. Or is everyone still just playing it stand alone without a computer connection...?

Mehr
3 Jahre 5 Monate her #6 von lft303
Similar issues here with USB (occasional white noise glitches right when a MIDI note starts)

Not sure if related to USB but have also had:
- the white screen freeze (WSOD) - no noticeable pattern in cause, have had happen without touching anything
- high pitched noises are unaffected by the Master volume - last time this happened seemed to be associated with holding the sustain pedal down, but I've also had it happen with moving the mod wheel as well

Just some teething pains hopefully - fantastic instrument otherwise!