Quantum power lead broken upon delivery - Help

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #1 von rob_lee
Hi all,

Received my Quantum today via UPS however I can't even try it yet as the UK power lead was stuck under the synth and broken upon arrival :(
Do any of you UK owners know what lead I will need to get started and where I would buy one so I can actually use the synth and test it? What AMP plug? I know I have some the same for my Novation Nova XXL however I'm not sure if it's the same AMP as the Quantum. Really want to use my synth after the long wait to get it.

Thanks

Rob

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #2 von Weston Underwood
Hi Rob

My understanding is that any three pin standard UK kettle lead will be fine. The Quantum draws less than 100W so a 3A fuse would be sufficient but I don't think it's critical. If it draws more than 3A there's something wrong with the synth! Having a higher rated fuse will make no difference.

P=VI
Power (watts) = voltage x current

or power/voltage = current (plus a bit for luck, usually 25%) so way less than 3A

Hope you enjoy it.

No doubt the official answer will arrive tomorrow!
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: rob_lee

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #3 von Lukas.S
You're right, the fuse in the UK plug needs to be 3A.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: rob_lee

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #4 von rob_lee
Hi guys,

Thanks for the reply's, Iv'e been out all day searching electrical stores here in the UK for a 3A plug however nobody seems to have any, only PC World etc have the 5A plugs so unfortunately I cannot even switch on my Quantum yet :-(

Any ideas?

Rob

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #5 von Weston Underwood
Rob a 5a lead will be fine. It doesn’t change how much goes into it, just when the fuse goes if there’s a problem. Which there won’t be unless you use it in the bath.

Mehr
3 Jahre 7 Monate her #6 von rob_lee
Hi mate I'm all go... Quantum booted and flicking through sounds it's amazing.
I'll have a week diving deep then make the new sound expansions for Waldorf.

Thanks for all the advice here, just didn't want to take any chances on such an expensive piece of gear.
I'm loving the sound of this, now tonight the PDF manual will be on screen as I learn the synth.

Best

Rob