Store/Recall/Compare RMTP Sysex work at all?? (XT/XTk/mwII manual p 110)

Mehr
1 Monat 2 Tage her - 1 Monat 2 Tage her #1 von msepsis
Re: Waldorf Microwave XT Sysex
Ok, somewhat ancient history here, but figured what the hell, I'll ask here...

Something i keep coming back to endlessly hoping to one day unravel - page 110 of the XT manual under 2.71 RMTP (Remote Control Parameter Change):
"Operation might still introduce bugs"

I have never, after hours of tinkering gotten *any* response from the synth after sending the synth at device ID 0 a

"F0 3E 0e 00 26 06 XX 7F F7" (for soudpar #1/Store)
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 07 XX 7F F7" (for soudpar #2/Recall)
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 08 XX 7F F7" (for soudpar #3/Compare)

Although indeed buggy as can be I can get a response from the synth for using the UU listed for Encoders #1-5 including simulating rotating the big red nose. . . but never anything with the three buttons listed above when sending an XX of 0-127 for any of the above sysex formulas. I've tested sending the above three while after sending the synth a
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 05 01 7F F7"
to simulate pressing and holding the "Shift" button necessary to trigger a Store/Recall/Compare from the synth.

I've always just moved on from this after seemingly exhausting all possibilities but I imagine someone out there *must* know the trick to getting these messages to work - OR at the very least confirm my suspicion that these three messages might not only "still introduce bugs" but also might just not work at all in the first place.

Thanks to anyone in advance with any certain info here. Pretty darn useful commands for remote editing.

I've already coded an alt method of remote storing, and wrapping up testing an alternate method to comparing the originally saved program as well as a compare method but I still am dying to finally one day find the answer to this age old question.

cross-platform software editors for Waldorf synths
www.monstrummedia.com
Letzte Änderung: 1 Monat 2 Tage her von msepsis.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Monat 3 Stunden her #2 von Qwave
Mmh, SysEx looks absolutely OK to me.

Some poking into the dark:

Have you tried to send it with a real calculated checksum and not the 7Fh one?
Or try to use the broadcast Device ID 7F?

Or a combination of those. Maybe there is just a tiny bug. But this all might not work at all.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: msepsis

Mehr
4 Wochen 1 Tag her - 4 Wochen 13 Stunden her #3 von msepsis
Thanks QWave. so I take it back... I am able to get a response from the synth when sending the sysex above for the Soundpar buttons - however it is the simulation of a press and hold of the shift key that I can't seem to work out.

EDIT: The rest of my response here is a bit of a rabbit hole, read at your own risk. :)
Otherwise consider this original topic solved.

I created a new (less wordy, hopefully less confusing than my ramblings below) thread regarding *just* simulating the press&hold of the red shift/play button: here

Some interesting stuff here.. please bear with me.

Sending the synth:
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 07 MM 7F F7" with a value of 1-127 for MM will engage the LED above the recall button and display the parameters in the second row of parameters on the synth. Same operation you get when physically pressing the second soundpar button (above the word "Recall")

Sending the synth:
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 07 00 7F F7" appears to do nothing. (besides illuminate the MIDI received LED :)

Sending the synth:
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 05 MM 7F F7" with a value of 1-127 for MM appears to do nothing. (besides illuminate the MIDI received LED :)

Sending the synth:
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 05 00 7F F7" will engage the LED next to the "Play" button and toggle the LED between the same two views you get when pressing the "Play" button on the synth.

If I send the synth
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 05 MM 7F F7" (press Shift/Play button)
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 07 01 7F F7" (press soundpar 2/Recall button)
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 05 00 7F F7" (release Shift/Play button)

with an MM value of any number between 1-127, I don't get a recalled program.

If I edit a sound and the "e" appears next to the program number in the LCD, then press and hold the Play/Shift button on the synth and send the synth a "F0 3E 0e 00 26 07 01 7F F7" message, the "e" button clears and the program is recalled.. partial success here.

So the question is how to simulate via code the pressing and holding of the shift button?

What's interesting to me is that the 6th byte of the RMTP message is defined:

MM Encoder Button
00 encoder left turn -64 released
01 encoder left turn -63 pressed
2-63 encoder left by MM pressed
64 no encoder move pressed
65 encoder right by one pressed
66-127 encoder right by MM pressed

This almost indicates that in order to simulate the press & hold of the shift button you must send a loop of values for MM 1-127, with 0 being a release of the button. I've tried this... something like:

press=0
while ( press < 127 )
do
press = press+1
pressShift = MidiMessage({0xF0, 0x3E, 0x0e, 0x00, 0x26, 0x05, press, 0x7F, 0xF7})
sendMidiMessageNow(pressShift)
end

While also sending the synth a
"F0 3E 0e 00 26 07 01 7F F7" (press soundpar 2/Recall button) but it does not recall an edited program.

cross-platform software editors for Waldorf synths
www.monstrummedia.com
Letzte Änderung: 4 Wochen 13 Stunden her von msepsis.

Moderatoren: Pablo