Microwave 1 Rev A Volume Envelope Problem

Mehr
2 Monate 3 Tage her #1 von T FIN
Hi,

About 6 months ago I purchased the MonstrumWave editor for my microwave. Unfortunately the editor does not work smoothly with my Microwave. Notes become stuck and keep playing regardless of the VCA envelope settings and I have to power off the Microwave to stop them sounding. There is also occasionally an issue when routing LFO 2 to the VCA.

I no longer use the editor as it is too much trouble. However since I first used it I am now experiencing an odd problem with the Volume Envelope; when the envelope amount is set to any value below zero (between -1 and -63) the sound that is playing comes on at full loudness as if no envelope were being applied. There is no difference in volume between any minus value. At -1 it is full loudness and at -63 it is the same, no change. There is no A/D/S/R applied, just an instant attack and sustain until the note is released.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
1 Monat 5 Tage her #2 von msepsis
Hi TFIN-

Could you please send a support request to Diese E-Mail-Adresse ist vor Spambots geschützt! Zur Anzeige muss JavaScript eingeschaltet sein!? I just caught this while reading this forum which I do from time to time - but I have not seen any bug report come in to our support queue concerning your issue.

I'd like to address this with you as soon as possible. I'm a few days from releasing a new version of this editor and if there is indeed a bug here I'd like to identify where it's coming from and get it solved.

I'm assuming you're referring to either the A D S or R modulator amount in the mod matrix as the volume envelope parameters deal with values 0-127, no negative values there. In your report to my support address please be as specific as possible to reproduce the issue as I would clearly like to get this resolved for you or anyone else who might walk into this if it is a bug.

Thank you!

-Rob

cross-platform software editors for Waldorf synths
www.monstrummedia.com

Mehr
1 Woche 1 Tag her #3 von T FIN
Hi, just seeing this now. Sure I'll send you a message. Thanks for responding.

Mehr
6 Tage 13 Stunden her #4 von msepsis
Hi Again,
Thanks for reaching out.

Just to put it out there - there indeed was a bug with routing LFO2 modifier matrix which has been fixed in the most recent update.

I'm working with you via email to see if there is any bug with the Volume Envelope Amount parameter but per your email - yes negative values are acceptable and not indicative of a bug with the editor or your synth. In short - most cases if you want this parameter set to +63 to apply the volume envelope's output at full amount. Negative values inverts the output signal and will apply the full modulation amount which is why you don't hear any change in loudness.

Sorry for any inconvenience, but I'm committed to getting you back on track and using this editor with your Microwave.

-Rob

cross-platform software editors for Waldorf synths
www.monstrummedia.com

Moderatoren: Pablo