MW1 stuck on MIDI channel 1 in Multi Mode

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her - 3 Jahre 1 Monat her #1 von echoplex
Hello,

This problem occurs to me with a Micro Wave 1, Rev A, v 2.0

I have never tried this before, so I don't know if it ever worked, if I am doing it wrong, or if there is a bug here.

- selecting a MIDI channel in single mode works perfectly : i can use OMNI or 1 - 16 : it corresponds to the MIDI channel that i send (keyboard controller or midi track). OMNI will receive any channel. All good.

- when in Multi Mode, the MIDI signal is received only when the MIDI channel of an individual instrument is set to 01, no matter what channel is sent (1-16). It behaves like an OMNI mode. If I switch to 02 ... 16, the MW1 receives no MIDI signal, no matter which channel the MIDI is sent to.

Thank you in advance,
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 1 Monat her von echoplex.

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her #2 von Qwave
You set up the right note ranges and velocity ranges for each part too?
Otherwise the notes will be filtered out as expected if not within defined ranges.

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her #3 von echoplex
Thanks.
I have tried this with a blank "Init" multi-program. So the ranges are default. I set it to only one instrument INS 01.
If the instrument INS 01 is on MIDI channel 01, it behaves like an OMNI mode : any channel is received and produces a sound. If i change the MIDI channel of INS 01 to 02-16, nothing is received.
:unsure:

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her - 3 Jahre 1 Monat her #4 von Qwave
Strange.

Is there maybe Omni mode selected in the global MDI menu? But according to the manual this should not stop a multi from receiving on channel #2-16 anyway. But maybe the manual is not right on this topic.

Lets double check some things:
  • Are you using a keyboard or a computer to play the multi?
  • Is the MIDI Out of the microWave connected to something (maybe causing a MIDI loop)?
  • Have you checked you are really sending some MIDI notes to the MW that are on not MIDI channel #1 (wrong setup for testing)?
  • Set the MW to channel #2 in the globals and test it with a single sound. Does it play these notes? If yes, you ingoing MIDI notes are for sure right.

I am very sure the microWave does handle multi mode on different channels right. I used it myself years ago. And an electrical failure in the MIDI In would never cause these problems.
Letzte Änderung: 3 Jahre 1 Monat her von Qwave.

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her #5 von echoplex
> Is there maybe Omni mode selected in the global MIDI menu?

I was going to reply that I have checked this before (I thought I had...) and that choosing OMNI did not affect the Multi Mode behaviour.

But I gave it a try to make sure : I set the global MIDI to CH 2 instead of OMNI.

And now it works fine in Multi-Mode ! .... Thank you !

I have not seen this behavior quoted in the Manuel either. I don't know if this should be considered a bug or some info missing in the manual. Anyway : it's possible to work it out. Good news for me. Thanks again !

Mehr
3 Jahre 1 Monat her #6 von echoplex
Well, reading the manual again, i can now understand what it was meaning.

Thanks again !
Anhänge: