M – Feature Requests

Mehr
5 Monate 3 Wochen her #1 von FilterKraft
M – Feature Requests wurde erstellt von FilterKraft
Hey,

after using the M for a while I miss the following features/ enhancements.

1. please add to the LFO>Mod page the "Rate" from the LFO
2. we definitely need a faster LFO and a slower LFO rate
3. If it is possible to enhance the " Filter Resonance"... somehow that's not good. Because it sounds a bit weird and make the sound lower in volume in some positions
4. a view to see the form of the "Wavetables/Waves"
5. Edit and save your own Arpeggiators
6. Independent LED brightness for the Navigation Buttons
7. Please add a Mod Matrix
8. A software editor in AU/vst3 format for preset management and automation in the DAW

Thank you! Keep it up!
All the Best, Chris

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
5 Monate 3 Wochen her #2 von Qwave
Qwave antwortete auf M – Feature Requests
Vladimir, the main M developer answered a few of your request on different forums (GS and german sequencer.de) already:

2. As the M needs to be sound compatible with the vintage microWave, as this is its main intention, this would need a different LFO speed mode. Just modifying the range would cause incompatible to the microWav.
3. As the main filter is analog, this would need a complete new hardware design. (I like this typical SSM filter sound very much. Very PPGish)
4. Won't happen, as the display control is unable to do so.
5. Is on the wish list, but nothing promised.
6. Due to the way the LEDs are controlled, there is no physical way to dim these independent from the others.
7. This is not planned. The concept of the M is based on the microWave design in terms of parameters.

My comment about the 8.:
I heard a rumor about a third party doing an editor/ bank manager. If this will include a plug-in, I don't know.

Mehr
5 Monate 3 Wochen her #3 von MBEE
MBEE antwortete auf M – Feature Requests
I also miss the possibility to have slower LFOs.
It would be nice to have a multiplication factor for the frequency, let's say 0.1x, 0.5x, 1x, ... ???x.
With 1x you are compatible to vintage Microwave.
0.1x would allow for modulations with a period of up to 83 seconds, which would be good for long evolving ambient textures and pads. 
Regarding higher factors: I don't know if the M would benefit from FM via LFO (but I heard Microwave XT offered OSC FM). A multiplication factor for the LFO frequency might not be sufficient for this, because this also leads to an increased increment of LFO frequency. You will also need a fine tuning of the frequency for this. 

Mehr
5 Monate 3 Wochen her - 5 Monate 3 Wochen her #4 von MBEE
MBEE antwortete auf M – Feature Requests
Feature request 

a) Waveshaper 
b) Notch filter

I like the digital filter of the 1.6 FW. Especially the HP-filter is useful to remove unwanted low end, but sometimes a notch filter would be better.
I read a lot of people really liked the waveshaper filters of the Microwave XT (www.amazona.de/workshop-waveshaping-mit-dem-waldorf-microwave/).This might also require a dual filter topology for the digital filtering.
Letzte Änderung: 5 Monate 3 Wochen her von MBEE.
Folgende Benutzer bedankten sich: prestonhart

Mehr
5 Monate 3 Wochen her #5 von FilterKraft
If I could just pick one feature request ... I'd go for a faster LFO. Especially with modern electronic club music for the creation of breaks and risers this is just too slow at the moment compared to my other Moogs and DSI synths. The target group for this synth are for me musicians who make club music. They definitely need a faster LFO. That's why I find it indispensable. There has to be a way. There is always a way. :-) Fingers crossed

Mehr
5 Monate 3 Wochen her #6 von FilterKraft
And yes.. thank you for clarification! All the best from Berlin