MAJOR ISSUE: Kyra does not immediately sync to incoming MIDI clock

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #7 von JEBariffic
Didn't like my soundcloud links.Trying again...
Delay
LFO

Bitte Anmelden oder Registrieren um der Konversation beizutreten.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #8 von JEBariffic
I don't have a way to pump in constant clock like you, but gave me the idea to just start with an empty 2 bar sequence to let Kyra pick up the clock. Lame, but works. Hate that you didn't hear from support. Would think a firmware update could fix this.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #9 von JEBariffic
Went ahead an updated firmware. No help.
Sucks.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #10 von JEBariffic
So after much investigating, forum posting and personal touching of myself, it would appear that the issue does not lie with Kyra. I believe what is happening in my case is the MPC I use for clock does not constantly transmit clock timing, but starts and stops with the sequencer. So, Kyra doesn't have a time to sync to when the MPC sequencer is not running, and it takes a few beats to sync up once the sequencer starts. Apparently this is a know and unresolved issue with Akai gear.

I'm going to swap gear around and see if I can find something that transmits clock constantly, or perhaps get a dedicated clock.

Mehr
5 Monate 2 Wochen her #11 von MikeInProcess
That is typical of most gear. They stop/start the clock. The Kyra should adjust very quickly, not several bars out.

Tech Support now says they know about the issue and are passing it along to the developer for a future update. I'll mention that it also affects LFOs.